Hi, I'm 33. For about 2-3 years I have had a skin tag on my labia. At first I was concerned, until I looked it up and found out it was a common thing. Everything has been fine, until a couple of days ago. I woke up and it seemed swollen. I grew nervous and I researched it. It said that sometimes skin tags swell when its that time of the month and sure enough it was that time. I waited a few days and sure enough it went down in size. But now part of it has turned black. I researched again and it said that they turn black if they lose blood supply, after they get twisted. Now its black and seems to be leaking puss. Is this normal? Please Help!

Hello! I really don't want to scare you but if your skin tag has changed to black and seems to be leaking puss you should see a dermatologist. I found that skin tags are a type of harmless skin growth or tumor, but they are completely benign. Tags are generally not cancerous and don't become cancerous if left untreated. There are extremely rare instances where a skin tag may become precancerous or cancerous. Skin tag-like bumps that bleed, grow, or display multiple colors like pink, brown, red, or black can require a biopsy to exclude other causes like skin cancer. I hope it's nothing to worry about, but you should see your doctor.