Emmanuel Lewis gives autograph, dodges speeding ticket

WARWICK, Ga. Emmanuel Lewis, the former child star of the '80s television series "Webster," got off with a warning for speeding after giving his autograph and posing for a photo with the police officer, officials said.

Officer Ron Kirk said he stopped a vehicle Tuesday afternoon in rural southwestern Georgia that had been traveling 70 mph in a 45 mph zone on state route 300. Kirk immediately recognized Lewis, who was towing a trailer loaded with an SUV he had purchased in Albany, Ga.

"Well, I grew up watching him and he was very nice and professional, so I just gave him a courtesy warning," Kirk told Albany television station WALB.

The officer also asked for Lewis' autograph and the child star agreed to pose for a picture with Kirk and the town's police chief, Randy Howard Jr.

Kirk said Lewis, who lives in the Atlanta area, was probably unfamiliar with the road and didn't realize there were speed-limit changes.

Warwick, a tiny lakeside town about 30 miles northeast of Albany, gets most of its police department revenues from speeding fines, Kirk said.

it's worth a shot if that yoyo can pull it off.

In Georgia huh?

When I was stationed at Ft. Gordon in '59 - '62 I used to drive the Woodpecker Trail to visit my parents in Florida. It had one of the most well known speed traps in existence at that time. The AAA was quite actively attempting them to stop it. Here's how it worked. There was an intersection where the route took a right turn toward a town center. There was a speed limit sign that read 30 mph beside the road. Forget that one, that's not the one they went by. About 150 feet up a hill on the right was a large house with a wide front porch where there was a small lighted sign in a window that read 20 mph. THAT WAS THE REAL SPEED SIGN.

i always start laughing.

I get out of the fine in court.

only if you flash some cleavage

An SUV? A Mini Cooper would have been all too appropriate.

only if you flash some cleavage
im not sure that would work, theres not much to show.

There's probably a little compensation factor there....