Hello! My father felt strong pain in his lower back two days ago and we rushed him to hospital where he was diagnosed to have kidney stones. He was given some pain killers and sent home because doctor said that the stones are not very large and that with right home treatment they will be passed in a few days. I am afraid to wait because I heard some complications may occur such as polycystic kidney disease. Can kidney stones cause polycystic kidney disease?

I am not sure about the complications and polycystic kidney disease but I am sure that he should try to dissolve and pass the stones as soon as possible if only for the pain they certainly make him feel. I have heard that there are some good home-made remedies and herbal tea that he can take. I am not sure though what they are and where you can find them but you may ask around and someone who had the same problem will be able to help you for sure.

Hi! I have some experience with polycystic kidney disease and I can put your mind to ease as far as it is concerned. Namely, it is not caused by kidney stones. Actually it is quite the opposite. Polycystic kidney disease is hereditary, passed down through family, and if parent carries the gen for it children have 50% chance of getting it. One of the effects of this disease is forming kidney stones and it happens in 20% of people who suffer from polycystic kidney disease. So it causes kidney stones and not the other way around. Hope I helped you a bit.

hi,i think kidney stones is not causes polycystic kidney disease,you can see a doctor.