I have never had any major problems with my health and now it looks like my age is finally getting to me. I am 44 years old and since I had some problems with urinations (pain, discomfort) I went to a doctor and it seems I have kidney stones. That means I will have to use some diuretics, as doctor said. But I have also heard diuretics might be the cause of kidney stones?!

Well, it is true that some medications might be one of the causes for the emerging of kidney stones, but there are diuretics that are very helpful and effective when it comes to dealing with kidney stones. I should mention thiazide diuretics foe treating calcium stones, allopurinol for uric stones therapy, then there is AHA for struvite stones etc. I think it is a good thing you can deal with your kidney stones only with meds, and not operation or something similar…