Hello all. I have a cat related question, as usual. But this time it’s not about any of my cats, it’s about Mary’s cat. She been having some health problems lately. Mary is my neighbor by the way. About a week ago she asked me if I could keep an eye on her children while she goes to the vet. She came back saying that her cat has kidney stones. I really hope this is not half as painful for cats as it is for humans. Anyway, she asked me to find out something about treatment options for her cat. So here I am asking you, what are the treatment options for cats with kidney stones?

Oh I hate kidney stones. They can occur to both cats and dogs, and unfortunately, they are painful. But then again, some cats don’t even show any symptoms. My sister’s friend had a cat with kidney stones and she had no idea until one day she noticed blood in her urine and took her to the vet.

In most cases these kidney stones can be treated at home with proper medications prescribed by the vet in order to dissolve the stones. Cat's diet also needs to be adjusted. 

Just tell her that even if she gets rid of the stones, she should continue with the same diet cause these stones tend to reoccur. 

Hello. It is really common disease, in cats and dogs as well. But, don’t worry, There are so many treatment options that can help your cat with kidney stones. I don’t have a cat, but it is like I have one. My mom is always having problem with her cat, and her cat is 9 years old. The most important thing is to change your cat’s eating regime, and you should tell your vet to prescribe you special diet program. She should drink a lot of water as well. If you follow those instructions, I am pretty sure that your cat will be just fine. 

Hey there. My cat used to have problems with kidney stones for a while.

One night, she woke me up, and I was so worried about her. She was in pain, she was really nervous, and I was upset.

I took her to the vet immediately, and he told me that this is really common. He gave me nutritional, balanced diet program, that helped her really soon.

But, this diet program was a little bit aggressive, and he told me that those diet programs are something that your vet have to prescribe you.

It is not same for every cat. 

Luckily, I don’t have any personal experience with this, but I know a guy whose cat had major problems with kidney stones. I remember he took her to the vet ( I had to convince him to do that, I even borrowed him the money to pay the vet). After some tests came out, the vet prescribed him some medications and told him his cat should follow some diet program. He ignored all of it. I knew where that was going, but he wouldn’t listen. The cat ended up having major problems and they needed to have her stones surgically removed. 

Hi everyone.

I agree with what you said about having to pay attention to your cat’s diet if she has kidney stones, but what you really need to do is just take her to the vet and let him tell you what to do. 

It’s never the same treatment for every cat. 

The vet is going to do several tests and examine your cat. 

You're gonna have to know about your cat’s health history, too. 

The sooner you notice your cat has stones, the better. 

Usual symptoms are some of the following: blood in your cat’s urine, vomiting, and frequent urination. If you see your cat is in pain while urinating, that can mean stones too.

Hello. It is very common disease – in cats and dogs as well. As I already told you, I have a dog, I don’t have a cat, but since this is common disease, I know a lot about this. First, make sure that you have a prefect, good balanced and of course, healthy diet program for your cat. This is very important. Second, you should know that this diet program can be a little bit hard for your cat, especially if your cat was never on some balanced diet program. You can also try some meds, but I still do believe that you should try something natural for this. 

Good day.

My cat had this problem, like others told you, it is very common problem in cats. I was worried, because I didn’t know what to do.

So, I took her to the vet, and he prescribe her some antibiotics. Those pills were really strong, so my cat started to have some stomach and lower abdomen problems. I could see that she is in pain. I went to see the other vet, and he told me that I should try with nutrition diet program, so I did it.

My cat was better for ten days, and that is why I think that this diet program is the best solution for kidney stones.