Hello! I have heard that tea can be cause of kidney stones and, to be honest with you, this is very ridiculous to me. I have thought that tea is good for kidney stones. I mean, fluid is recommended for this disease, right? So, right now I do not know what exactly I should think about this. Do you know more then me? Thank you!

Hello! Well, I cannot tell that tea causes kidney stones, but I can tell you that sometimes it is not recommended because it is full of oxalate. Oxalate is not good choice for calcium oxalate stones for sure. You should avoid, beside tea, chocolate, asparagus and cooked spinach. These food have high level of oxalate.

From personal experience I would say that tea does cause or contributes to the formation of kidney stones. I used to have one or two stones a year while drinking three or four cups of tea a day. After eliminating tea from my diet I went 16 years without a stone.

Well when I was 20 years old I had one little stone. Since I have been 23 years young I have been taking Natures Made Cranberry 1680 mgs a day. Slince then I have not had another stone. Amen. That was 30 years ago. I swear by the cranberry in my system to help aid my kidneys to work better for me.

Yes. Black tea causes "calcium-based" kidney stones. Tea + food items that contain high levels of calcium = a simple ionic bond that forms a small pebble-like stone...that we call kidney stones.

If you've had a stone you should stay away from drinking tea but if not, tea is a great beverage.

This only happens if there is a history of stones.