Hey there. Well, I am really worried now. My cat, the one that is always sick, had some problems today. I went to see my vet and he found some kidney stones. I never had this situation with my cat in my life, and I have to admit that this is something new for me. I really don’t know why she is sick all the time. When I cure something, something other is there. I am really desperate and I am wondering – what am I doing wrong?

Anyway, my vet told me that I should put my cat on some diet program, but since I don’t have any experience with it, I really could use your help. 

Hey darling. Diet program is definitely one of the ways to treat kidney stones in your cat. They are small mineral concentrations that build up in the urinary tract of animals. I have to ask you – did you see blood in urine of your cat? I am not so familiar with diet program that can help your cat in this case, but I have heard that consumption of high carbohydrate and dry cat food can be helpful. But, I have to tell you that I personally recommend you traditional diet program. Better consult your vet about this, because I really don’t know the stage of this disease. 

Good day. My friend is sitting near me at this moment. She is a cat owner as well, and she told me that her cat was diagnosed with kidney stones a few years ago. Now, she is perfectly healthy. I asked her what is the thing about this, how she made it, and she told me that she was giving her cat meals from “natural, balanced diet program”. That means that all meals that you are giving to your cat needs to be high in carbo, so you might listen to this as well. Try this and see how your cat is going to behave during this process.

Hello. I am here with some new information. Today, I went to see the vet, and I made a mistake – I visited my old vet, I think that a lot of you already know that I had a lot of problems with him, because his diagnoses are totally wrong :/ But, my current vet is not here, and I needed to consult someone. He told me that my cat will be just fine, that I don’t need to put her on any diet program. All I need to do is to give more water or milk to her, and he believes that she will get rid of this stone trough the urine. I am not sure what to think, I don’t believe him. I think that diet is the best option, but can you tell me is this what he told me has any sense? 

Love is pet, you have some problems with your vet as I can see? You should forget about him. It doesn’t matter that your vet is not here, if you are not satisfied with old vet, you should never visit him. I am not an expert, but I have to disagree with your vet kidney stones won’t disappear on its own and I am pretty sure that you know that. My cat had kidney stone problems three months ago, and I was giving her wet food. Basically she was on wet food diet, and these stones just disappeared one and a half month after I put her on this diet program. 

Hey everyone. I went to see vet today, because my cat had her routine control, and I asked him about diet in case if she has kidney stone. He told me that in this case, I should stop giving my cat all food that is heavy for her stomach and that I should try with hormone balanced diet program. Also, he was talking about wet and dry food, and he told me that wet food is way better than dry food in this case, because wet food is able to help your cat to get rid of kidney stone. So, you should try this, maybe it will work for your cat as well.

Hello.

If your cat has some kidney problems, I think that wet food might be really helpful. The reason because wet food is good, but really good. If your cat has kidney stone, I think that you will not need any so specific treatment to remove it. But, also, you need to know that it is really good to be prepared, because some things can change. I know that medical efforts to dissolve kidney stones are usually safer than surgery. But, it won’t work for most stones.

In this case, you need to try to change many for your cat, and I suggest wet food as well. 

I have to say that I agree with all your posts.

I know that, if the kidney stones in your cat involve bot kidneys, the only way to manage them and to get rid of them is to try dissolving the stones using prescription specialty diets. Also, you can try homemade recipes. I know that there are so many diets that actually promote increased thirst, just to encourage more dilute urine. This can potentially dissolve the stones. But, you should know that these diets are usually fed over three months.

If you see that things are getting better, don’t quit this diet program.