can lithium cause gallbladder problems

I don't know if lithium causes the gallbladder to go, I can't get a sound enough answer from my doctor.  But I will tell you from my experience it can certainly aggravate the gallbladder.  Lithium upsets my gallbladder so much (I already have stones but no insurance), that until I can get it removed, I have to stop taking lithium.  That's caused even more problems because, as nothing works nearly as well as lithium for me.

When I stopped taking lithium my attacks stopped being as severe.  When I would "cheat" and take a lithium cause I just needed it, oh did I suffer for it!  Prior to that realization, I had been diagnosed with IBS, Diverticulitis, and Celiac.  Not to mention because I'm bipolar, all the pressure to admit that I was just looking for attention and making it up!  Look in my toilet bowl, I can't make that up! 

hi, I started taking lithium about two monthe ago, then feel pain in my right stomach, found out it is gall bladder sludge. Trying to find out whether it is related to lithium but didn't get much answer. To my expection my psychiatrist said it's not the lithium it's cholesterol. Yet after I stopped taking lithium for three days the pain goes away.