I had my gallbladder removed three weeks ago. Two days after gallbladder removal diarrhea started and it is yellow. Is this common after the procedure? Should I aspect other post op problems?

Diarrhea after gallbladder removal surgery is common. In your case, since the diarrhea occurred so soon after the surgery, you should consider other factors, new medications you may be taking or an infection that may have been acquired in the hospital. You should discuss your symptoms with your surgeon, who will do the appropriate diagnostic testing. Other gastric symptoms are also common after gallbladder removal surgery. They are often lumped together under the term "post-cholecystectomy syndrome." The most common are right-sided abdominal pain, flatulence, bloating and nausea.

I am having the same problem and I, also, had the gall bladder surgery three weeks ago. A couple days ago, the brown color returned but still not formed, now today the yellow is coming back. I see the doctor on Thursday. Amodium helped a little.

Not to worry. It's only been three weeks. I had my gall bladder removed about 5 years ago by laser. In and out of the hospital in less than 24 hours. IF you had a gall bladder attack, you will feel so much better. The best advice I can give ANYONE who had their gall bladder removed is once you are back in your hospital room GET UP AND WALK AROUND! You will need to do this to get the gas they pumped into your abdominal cavity OUT! It is hideously painful if you don't. You may wake up with severe back pain for months even years after....hopefully you will have someone to rub or massage your back where the pain is. The gas will move around in your system for quite a while...but walking, and eventual exercise once you're completely healed will help immensely.

The other bit of advice is: Your eating habits WILL BE FORCED to change. Because you no longer have an organ (gallbladder) to breakdown the acid and fat from food in your system, it won't digest.

I've learned to eat about 5 -7 small meals a day instead of big meals. Trust me, a big meal will make you feel absolutely horrible and sick to your stomach.

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions

i had my gallbladder removed 6 months ago, the pain is much better but i still have trouble eating almost everything. within 30 minutes after any meal the diarrhea starts. i don't have cramps or pain, but the urge is strong and i know i have to go. but i am always very bloated and have gained weight. i would think as much as i go to the bathroom, i would have lost weight.

I had my gall bladder removed 2.5 years ago. I have difficulty digesting food. It is getting worse recently. I noticed that it is better if I eat every couple hours. I also feel nausea after eating certain foods, mostly after dinner. I guess that is the largest meal I eat. Sometimes I am sick all night. I was wondering if there is a special diet to eat. I am trying to monitor what makes me feel sick. For example I have a hard time with calamari (not deep fried). Who thought seafood is hard to digest? It looks as even vegetables give trouble.
I just had a couple bites of banana and feel funny. What is it that I can eat?
It looks like the writer of the message before the last one has ideas on what to eat. Can you please respond?
Thanks
R

gallbladderattack.com/gallbladderproducts.shtml

Please refer to this website. It educated me as to why I was gaining so much weight after gallbladder removal. It has given me the supplements that I needed to take the additional weight off and maintain my ideal weight. It was a life saver! I have been searching for over 1 year and an extra 15 lbs. now! You will need a combination of bile salts, betaine hcl, and enzymes for the rest of your life. This website explains all and has packages for each specific need. The one I used was for weight gain after gallbladder removal. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at _[removed]_. Karen

Thank you Karen, I appreciate your response. I will check out the website. I have just started a couple days ago to take an enzyme caplet after meals. It seems to help some and I am trying to watch what I eat however I have to figure out first what foods make me feel sick.
Everybody says they have no problems after the surgery. I thought I was alone!!
Thanks again!
R

I had my gallbladder removed 2 years years ago, and at some point I want to have kids, will this completely diminish my chances of having a baby?

The surgery alone should not cause problems of having a baby. When I had my first gall bladder attack and ended up in the emergency room, the nurse told me her gall bladder operation was when she was 7 months pregnant and she had 3 more babies after that. I had my suergery 2.5 years ago and my child was 18 months old then. I asked this question the doctor at the time, because I would like to have more children as well. They told me no problem. However I have digestive problems lately, so I am thinking that it might effect me during a future pregnancy. You can consult your doctor if you have specific questions.
Good luck.
R

Hi, i have my laparoscopy surgery after 2 days. I am very scared and a bit hesistant to go for it. Is it really worth getting it done or can i still avoid the surgery?

Are there any other options other than surgery?

Please help?

I had my gallbladder out 7 weeks ago. The first 3 weeks were great but then I developed severe and frequent diarrhea and gas pains to the point where I was afraid to go anywhere due to my lack of control and accidents.
My Gastro Dr. put me on 2.5 mg of Lomotil 2x a day and I haven't had any problems at all ever since! Great stuff... the only downfall is it makes me sleepy & lightheaded but my body seems to be slowly adjusting to it.

I had my gall bladder removed about 10 days ago and I am still having a constant mild pain around my bell button area and sometimes just below the right ribs area. I am wondering whether this pain is normal and how long it is going to last. Apart from that I don't have any other problem so far. Can some body help me?

I had my gallbladder removed in 1996. I have had difficulty eating every since. There is only a few things I can eat that will not make me sick. I will double over with cramps and find myself in the bathroom. Most of the time I am in the bathroom before I finish a meal. I have lived with this for all these years and it is very hard to deal with. My husband doesn't understand why I don't like going out to eat. It is because I have to leave him half way thru dinner or I am rushing him to get me to a bathroom shortly after we leave. I have never done any research on this till now. Any information will be helpful. Thanks

Ask your Doctor to write you a perscription of Cholestyramine for oral suspension (orange flovored) You mix one packet with orange juice every morning and you will feel like a million dollars...no nausia and not diarrhea. I was told I probably will be on it the rest of my life. I eat everything now.