Ok so many years ago I started taking vicodin, percocet, oxy's, pretty much any opiate other than heroin. Well after about 3 years of it I got tired of searching & being sick so I went to a methadone clinic & I loved it. I was there for 2 years & my family & my boyfriend talked me in to going on suboxone. So I did & at first it worked ok but now 2 years later I hate it! It doesn't do what it used to do & it's just too expensive. At one time I was able to take as many suboxones as I wanted so I just took them & took them & tried to make it work. A few people in my family were on them too but now their insurance won't pay for them anymore so I can only take my dose & it's just not cutting it. So I've decided to go back on methadone, I should've never gotten off of it, it worked well for me. But I'd like to try & get as much of the suboxone out of system as I can before I go. I have a new baby, a household to take care of, a boyfriend who works 40 hours plus, animals to tend to & I just can't be sick. So my question is can I take pain pills for withdrawal until I go to the methadone clinic? I'm prescribed 16mg of suboxone a day but I usually take alot more. If you're going to tell me how bad methadone is or that I shouldn't be on anything or try and give me any type of lecture then please don't answer because I've heard it all before. I still crave drugs & I'm not ready to get off anything yet. Heroin is very big where I'm at & thankfully I've never done it & I need to make sure that never happens & I don't think I'm strong enough to be on nothing yet. So any useful advice is very very very appreciated!!! :-D

Do not go from Suboxone to Methadone, I've been on suboxone over a year, and i recently took myself off it. I know from friends and my studies that methadone withdrawls are as bad as they get, well when you go to quite your talking atleast 30 days of health. Heroin is actually a quicker detox then methadone. Unless you plan on being chained to these pharmers for ever. I would highly suggest not to switch.

She said she was,nt want a lecture,id**t.Yeah.You can take pain pills on top of suboxone but they wont have a full effect for a few days, but will have some effect and ,if you,ve stopped suboxone, they will stop withdrawals.The longer you leave it the beter.This is not my opinion,its my experience as ive been there and done it.

I have been on subs for 3 years and they also do not work for me anymore. I have chrohns disease and have had many surgeries and thats what led to my opiate addiction. However i am looking to change to methadone.. HOwever for my job i cannot go to the clinic everyday and travel alot.. How do i get methadone prescribed?

oooimpoo0 wrote:

carebearvip wrote:

Im in the UK but I think it is the same all over and you would have to go for methadone everyday to a clinic or pharmacy.When I was on methadone it was around two years before they gave me it away twice weekly.You would have to seek a doctor who can prescribe methadone.I was on methadone and the withdrawals from it cold turkey are the worst of any drug...so if you go on it you need to behave.Why dont you stick with the sub as you get it away with you and the w/ds are not so bad if you taper tiny amounts at the end.If you take high doses of suboxone you will feel strung out all the time.Taking sub at low doses,like 2 to 4mg works much better for you and gives you stability...even a touch of that opiate warmth...but not at high doses.You should take all this into consideration before even thinking about methadone.Good Luck.J.

I am to on suboxone (free) 20mg/d since Dec2011 but it never worked for me. Just a lot of strong will and other action ... now I decided to switch to methadone and I hope this sh*t will work better cos I do not desire be sober not now mabe one day but the opiates actually save my life and still savings so I love them! and only because os POLitician politics dirty fu%^&s I had to take some shitty subutex ;(

why don't you just get off drugs completely? you have a new born? a home, a BF, pets, there is more to life than finding which drug you can take next. How about none? I have been on sub a long time and it has become a PITA and I decided to get off them completely. Not what to try next.

Think u just have to wait two days which will not be bad then go on meth again. I did and feel great again.

hello, although methadone saved my life, I was also shooting heroin multiple times per day so it gave me the chance to regain a normal daily routine but suboxone could do the same. I just loved the euphoria from the methadone.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

love, hope, you can live w/o it someday soon, god bless,m f**k subutex, devils drug, people here have no idea how bad it really is, blind, inexperienced
.