I might be pregnant but I'm not sure yet. I have to go to the doctor for a uti test with my mom. I'm afraid when they test the pee, they can tell if I'm pregnant which my mom CAN NOT AT ALL find out about.

Hi Guest,

No, they can't.  They are looking for bacteria/white blood cells in the urine.

They would need to test specifically for pregnancy and look for a specific hormone.

I've looked it up and lots of people say the do for will just check if you're pregnant if he wants to. If I say my period is fine, will he check?

I've looked it up and lots of people say the do for will just check if you're pregnant if he wants to. If I say my period is fine, will he check? I'm very scared to go cuz I'm probably pregnant.

It's really up to YOUR doctor.  He has to ORDER such a test, the lab should not routinely just do it.  It does cost you more.

Why would they do that?  If they think you might be pregnant.  Some meds could be harmful to the fetus.

They could test it for anything if you think about including if you're pregnant or using drugs.ou can ask them what they'll test for.

Ask them.

Sooner or later, if you are pregnant, your mom will eventually find out.

ok say he does find out I'm pregnant, can be tell my mom when she's in the room? Or we he make her leave and tell just me?

It depends upon a number of things but primarily, how old are you?

You can ask your mother to stay in the waiting room while you go in.

The doctor should respect your privacy. As a patient you do have that right.

Testing for pregnancy is different than a uti test. For pregnancy, the lab looks for a hormone called HCG. If it's in your urine, you are pregnant. But it's not an automatic test and it's not included in a UTI - unless the doctor orders it. There is nothing in your pee that "looks" pregnant.

I understand your worries about your mom finding out right now. If you're accidentally pregnant - it's probably best if you find out first and find a way to deal with it and a time to talk to your mom about it.

There are a couple things you can do right now to help yourself and know more.

1. (fastest) buy a home pregnancy kit from the drug store. you don't have to be at home to use it. you can even use it in a public restroom. If you know you're pregnant then you can ask to speak to your doctor privately and get advice - or speak to your school counsellor and ask her/his advice. Even before going for the UTI test.

2. If there is a teen clinic in your area - drop in and ask for a pregnancy test (some high school nurses will also administer this test for you). This is the nicest way - because you'll have someone right there who can help you, advise you and support you - immediately.

Finding out that you're pregnant (as a minor) can be really, really scary. There are many adults who will be so helpful though - so don't be too afraid.

And if this turns out to be a false fear - PLEASE go on birth control. For yourself, your peace of mind and your future.

Good luck.

A doctor can not discuss any "female" things with your parents unless you say they can. This includes, STD, rape, and pregnancy testing/results. It's apart of womens health (includes all ages if you can verbally or sign your responses)

So if you are pregnant, the doctor can not discuss this with your parents unless you say he/she can.

Didn't meant to respond to you. This was toward the op.

If your mommy still goes with you to the doctor you shouldn’t be having sex.