Ok, so I have been an engineer for most of my life and I am really wondering if there is a way to improve the insulin pen? I mean, when I started using it, I was almost sure that is painless and said to myself:''Oh, will likely not even know  I have diabetes any longer...''. Wrong!!! Thus, is there anyone on this forum that may share the ideas how we can come up with a proposal on how to improve the thing. Any thoughts?

A pain-free insulin pen would be a wonderful invention!  Maybe with your engineering expertise, you can come up with a better design of an insulin pen that allows for pain-free injection?  Just kidding, but you could make a lot of money if you did!  There are insulin pens on the market that uses air to shoot insulin throught the subcutaneous tissue that is said to be less painful. Have you tried these?  Has anyone used these type of pens and if so, were they found to be painless?  It would be great to get some input on how effective those pens are.  Would love to hear experiences on this topic.

Apprentice

The health industry is one of the most rapidly evolving industries. Numerous resources are spent to improve the quality of products and ameliorate the quality of life. Insulin injections proved to be a painful every-day routine decades ago. Technology has progressed significantly since then and nowadays insulin pens feel almost painless to the experience 3 decades ago. The exact perception of pain depends upon many factors - make of pen and individual. Elderly people with more advanced disease and neuropathy are less likely to experience any pain whatsoever with modern pens. As technology progresses, expect further improvements. You should talk to your physician and see if maybe some other pen would suit you best. On the other hand, if you have solution, maybe contact a company that manufactures pens and talk to them.

Global surgical sealants and adhesives market is forecasted to value over US$ 3.5 billion by the end of 2026 and grow at a CAGR of over 9.3% during the forecast period of 2019-2026.

_removed_