Hi guys, Can you believe it they are cutting test strips and refusing to prescribe a hypokit pen for me. Gees, I can't believe it. Can you tell me why they would give me the meds but not the strips and pen? Now I have to buy my strips and pen and they are expensive. I'm type 2 and have good control over my BS levels but that's because I test regularly and keep records on my diet and exercise. Without testing, I'm not sure I can maintain control. Have any of you had this problem and if so were you able to do something about it. I just don't know where to start. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I sympathize with your plight. There really ought to be some rules that doctors use about issuing strips and pens. I'm type 2 as well and I can't get strips anymore either. I'm retired and things are tight and I've had to cut by on just about everything. I don't run the heat as much, I rarely take out my car and my food budget is about as low as it can get. What little I'm able to save goes towards buying strips. Finally, I got up enough courage to demand that they help me with my health issues. Believe it or not, I was able to get test strips again. I suggest you go back to your doctor and simply demand test strips and a hypokit pen. Take your records with you to demonstrate you really are in need. Let them know that you can't control your BS levels without strips and pen. I really didn't get enough strips so I found out about eBay and began buying the extra strips I needed there. This is something you should check out if you can't get your strips and pen. You can get some really good deals if you keep checking back every few days. Sometimes they don't have the particular brand you need but eventually they will.