I am 45 years old and for a long time I did not know that I am suffering from glaucoma. It was discovered quite accidentally during the medical examination. I often complained on the headaches and eye sight problems. So, can glaucoma be completely cured? Should I mention that I am very scared?

Basic rule for dealing with glaucoma is to discover it in time. Basic medication belongs to a group of miotics and is used to deal with the cause of the glaucoma. Also, medications that reduce the creation of eye fluids are used. As for the improvement, it all depends on the damage that has already been done.

Hi there,
You have to know that there are several treatment options for this condition and the good thing is to diagnose glaucoma as soon as possible. The treatment is much efficient at the beginning of the disease. Many doctors will suggest the eye drops for glaucoma, but this will reduce the formation of the fluid and it will increase the outflow. There are also some side effects associated with eye drops for glaucoma. On the other had I think that the best option for you would be laser surgery or microsurgery for glaucoma. Have you considered this with your doctor? Usually they tell you to try medication first, but in my opinion your best option is with surgery.