Hello! My father had glaucoma as well as his father. Our doctor says that positive glaucoma family history is important risk factor. My father used some eye drops at the first time but his eye pressure couldn’t be controlled and his doctor recommended laser treatment. The procedure went well but the pressure appeared again after some time. How is this possible?

Hello! Since your father obviously didn’t respond to medical treatment it was normal his doctor recommended surgery or laser treatment. Some doctors advise an operation rather then laser treatment in patients with appreciably raised eye pressure. Although laser treatment is useful in treatment of glaucoma its effects tends to decrease over time. In some cases it is necessary to go to the operation. Your father has to consult his doctor.