Hi, guys. My friend has been experiencing some problems with his sinuses and nose and we are afraid he might have nose sinus cancer. I would like to know if MRI can diagnose this type of cancer. What do you think about this? If you know something more about it, please share with it here.

Hi, there. Cancer of paranasal cavities is not something that is rare. When I say paranasal cavities, I mean sinuses. There are several methods for diagnosing this. MRI can discover it. It can discover it in earlier stages and this method uses magnetic field for imaging. Therefore, it isn’t harmful for the patient. CT can also be useful, but there is a radiation. X ray cannot help here much, except when we are looking for metastases in the lungs. Good luck!

Hi there,
To be honest with you this is the first time that I have heard that you can have nose sinus cancer. I know that you might have problems with sinus infection or maybe with the polyps in your nasal and sinus cavity. Can you tell me more about his symptoms? MRI is possible to scan your body and to find if something is wrong with you. Also you need to tell him that he needs to see a doctor if something is wrong with his sinuses because these conditions don’t go away easily. How long has he been experiencing this problem? I hope that this helped you and him in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco