Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!


What are the first symptoms of intoxication with carbon monoxide? Can it somehow be detected in environment? I’ve heard that tunnels are places with high risk for intoxication with this gas. How can person be protected? Should I do something to protect my children when are in car, garage or tunnel? Thanks in advance.

Loading...


What makes this gas more dangerous is the fact that it is odorless and colorless. Symptoms are not that typical and include nausea, headache, fatigue, dizziness. Fresh air is the best first aid if there is suspect on presence of toxic doses of carbon monoxide. Do not idle car in the garage, and make sure that the installations in your house are safe. Carbon monoxide is concurrent with oxygen, it takes place of oxygen in hemoglobin and that can lead to hypoxia, but is fortunately irreversible, if person is moved from polluted space to fresh air.
Keep the windows shut while in tunnel.
Reply

Loading...