Sometime in November it was raining and I was driving. My tires skid into a puddle of water and I crashed into a pole. As I ran into the pole I felt my head and neck moved back and forth with great force. After the accident I felt fine. A couple of days later I had a minor cold. I had drippy nose and I coughed a lot. I coughed for several days and took medicine for the cold. One day I took medicine and went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling nauseated and coughed a lot. I threw up so much that I threw up blood. I was scared and my stomach hurt a lot. I went to the Dr. and told him what happened and he sent me to have a test done over my stomach. I went back with my Dr. after I had my test done and he said I had acid reflux. He told me it was minor. He gave me pills for that.
After a week I felt normal again. My cold was gone. Around two days later I had the worst migraine ever. My migraine lasted all day. I took Tylenol and it helped a little. I also put ice on my head. After a couple days I started getting throbbing headaches. It was less painful then the migraine I had. My headaches hurt so much that the front of my head felt tingly and became numb in times. With my headaches I also felt a strong pressure on my chest. I felt like it was difficult to breathe. The pressure would go and come back in times whether I was at home, at school, driving, etc. My mom mentioned it was heartburn. While I felt this I would drive my car. For a couple of days I thought my car had a burning smell. I thought I smelt gas or something similar to it. While I was driving I felt like it was difficult to breath and my heart was beating really fast. I thought I was going to have a stroke. At times my hands became numb. I opened the windows but that didn’t help. A couple of times I stopped driving when I was on the road and parked somewhere because I ran out of breath and could not concentrate on the road. At times I also burped a lot and had a strange taste in my mouth. It tasted like gas. When I burped I tasted it and smelt it coming out from my mouth. I told my parents and they drove my car for a week. They told me they felt and did not smell anything. They said the car was fine. I drove my car again and felt the same thing. One day I was at home and felt like I could not breathe. My parents took me to the clinic. The doctor and nurse checked my oxygen level and blood pressure. It looked normal. They also took an x-ray of my chest and an EKG. It all came back normal. I told the Dr. about the taste and smell of gas I had coming out of my mouth. I told them that I thought it might be carbon monoxide. He decided to do a blood test to see if it was a possibility. A week passed by and I got a call and my blood test came back normal. All I had was low potassium, but this was not anything major. I kept having the same symptoms. More weeks passed by.
I went to rent a movie one day with my boyfriend. Inside the store I felt out of breath. My hands started tingling, so we decided to leave. When we got in the car I felt lightheaded and out of breath, like someone was pressing hard against my chest. Beside my hands feeling tingly, I also felt my face, chest, and legs feeling tingly. It also felt like my veins and the inside of my body was cold. My boyfriend told me I looked very pale. I felt like I was going to pass out. So I told my boyfriend to take me to a different clinic then the one I went to last time. When I got there, once again, they checked my oxygen level and blood pressure and it all came back normal. They also did another x-ray of my chest and an EKG. These tests also came back normal. The Dr. told me what I had were panic attacks. He gave me medicine for my panic attacks. A couple weeks have passed by and I felt better. I learned to control my attacks. The Dr. said I had a lot of stress, even though I did not feel it. I told him I have a calm life. After the Dr. told me this, I dropped two classes out of four from college.
I felt a little better until I freaked out. My boyfriend and I were at my house getting read to eat Chinese food at a restaurant. I had a bad headache and I felt my chest pressing again. The inside of my chest felt cold. All at once I felt like a lot of tiny needles from the top of my head falling down until I felt the inside of my head completely empty and numb. I was so scared I thought my skull or brain was going to fall. My boyfriend calmed me down. From then my head has been numb. It is just the inside of my head.
One day I went to stay with my sister at her home. I began to have a headache so I went to bed. I tried to sleep but my headache got worse that it woke me up when I was barely falling asleep. I felt like pins and needles were scratching and cutting the inside of my head, esp. on the back of my eyes. I could not stand the pain. My sister took me to the emergency room. I waited about 6 hours and the pain was unbearable. I never cried so much in my life. When I saw a Dr. he put an IV on me because he said I looked dehydrated. He gave me pills for the pain and I went home. I took them and they sort of helped.
A couple days later, I felt pain around my eyes, cheeks, ears, and nose. I also felt like something cold was dripping from the inside my head. My mom thought it was mucus. She thought it could be a sinus infection. So I put on nose spray for about two weeks. The headaches got worse that I could not sleep at night. I decided to go back to the clinic and the Dr. gave me sleeping pills, Vicotin for the pain and he decided to give me a CAT Scan to see if I had a sinus infection. I got blood drawn out to see if my thyroid was normal, to check my blood count, and for other tests. I took the pills and I felt less pain. I could sleep now at night. In about a week, I went back to the Dr. and he told me my CAT scan was normal. I told him I still have pain. I told him I felt like I had something thick and sharp, needlelike sensation, poking the back of my eyes and cheeks. It felt like something was pulling my eyes out. It was like wires were wrapped around my eyes. The Dr. told me he was going to do an MRI. I went to have my MRI done and I did not get my results until two weeks later. During one of those weeks, I went to vacation with my family. When we got there my head started to hurt horribly, painfully bad. I felt that I had something falling from the top of my head. It felt like many sharp pins and needles, at once, were falling and piercing and cutting all the way through the inside of my eyes, nose, the sides of my ears and my tongue. When I felt this, it also had a burning sensation. It felt like the inside of my head was on fire. I had this feeling all day and all night. The pain was so bad I was shaking and could not stop crying. The next day in Mexico I decided to go see a neurologist. He told me based on my symptoms that it sounds like it could be epilepsy with a complicated migraine. He sent me to the hospital to do an MRI and to have an EEG. I did these tests and went back to him. He told me everything came back normal. I told him I felt the inside of my head completely empty and numb, like there was just a hole inside my head. My head felt wobbly. I also felt like a lot of tiny needles were falling down from the top of my head. When this happened I felt the needles or whatever sensation it is giving me shocks or static, or electricity. I felt the shocks inside my head and also at the bottom of my feet. It felt so weird and painful. The Dr. told me, once again, based on my symptoms that the closet thing I could have is epilepsy. He thought I might get seizures. He gave me medicine. He gave me Topomax and Keppra for epilepsy and some medicine for the pain.
When I got back to USA I went to the clinic for my MRI results. The Dr. told me my results came back normal. He told me to not take anymore of the medicine I was given in Mexico because I do not have epilepsy. He said this medicine was not necessary and it could ruin my digestive system. He sent me to have a urine test and I had a minor infection. He gave me pills for that. He also gave me floxentine pills. He thought that everything I had was caused by stress, but I believe its something else besides stress. He said he was going to fax some papers so that I could see a neurologist and have an EEG done. I still have not seen a neurologist nor have my EEG done yet. But I should soon.
I only took the pills the Dr. gave me for a couple of days because my stomach hurt a lot. I also lost my appetite. I hardly ate food. I also could not sleep during those days. I went back to the Dr. and he told me to stop taking all the medicine I was given. He gave me Nexium pills for my stomach. He told me not to take any other pills except Tylenol or Ibuprofen for my headaches. He also draws blood to see if I had any stomach problems. I started taking my pills and my stomach felt better and I could sleep at night now. Since then until now I have felt different sensations inside my head, but being completely numb and empty. My head has felt completely numb for around two months. One day I felt like there were wires inside my head. I felt like there were pins and needles, I felt like my head was on fire. I felt like I had air or my head was cold inside. I had a sensation like wires were pulling my skull or my head out of my head. I had a sensation like water falling from the top of my head. It felt cold. I also had itching and tingly sensations inside my head. Almost everyday I have different sensations inside my head. Some days I would have ringing in my ears and my vision would see white spots for just a second.
Recently, my head feels like the numb sensation I mentioned. I am sometime still feeling like the sensation that something is falling from the inside of my head, sometimes a cold sensation. This sensation I have also felt in my neck and now I also feel my neck empty or numb. With this my neck hurts a lot. It feels like my head is heavy and wobbly and makes my neck and shoulder hurt. I also feel like my body feels heavy, like it is tired. But I can move my body well, function well; see well, do all the normal stuff. I never had a fever either.
Help. I just want to know what is going on and how to fix it?

Did you ever see an MD for whiplash or spinal cord injury? This sounds like it all started with your accident...

how rae you now..??

It sounds like stress and lots of anxiety ..Anxiety can do so much to your body and make you think you have something wrong all the time..You need to take up some yoga to release this out and start educating about it, you will read all the forms of anxiety. Take care and stop focusing so much on it and start looking at the simple things of life around you. Hope you feel better.

You really should see a neurologist. Especially with the weird smells, tingling, and headaches. This combination could be a brain problem. Also, they should check if you are leaking cerebrospinal fluid, which would also result in horrendous headaches. The accident could have caused a concussion and a small tear in the meninges around the brain. There was a medical mysteries show about this.

i experienced all that you have mentioned in your post.. I have done the following and it made my condition better.

Pray always.
Pray the Holy Rosary before you sleep.
Always attend mass.
Meditate and talk to the Lord.
Submit everything to Him.
Ask forgiveness for all your sins.

Good Luck and i hope you will get well soon.

HEIDZ

Maybe its occipital neuralgia, a form of neuropathy.

Dear pj24satx,

You must've heard this before: Its hard to diagnose anything online. But am mentioning it again anyway because my reply has nothing to do with medical science.

All the same, I notice medical science is having a hard time diagnosing your problem. And if I have the correct pulse on your issue, I can assure you that no medicine, no CAT scans or MRIs, will never be able to resolve your issue.

This is because, if i'm correct, you don't have a problem. Western Civilization has reached a place where anything out of the ordinary is feared & looked upon as a disease.

If i'm correct, the dripping moves across your head/ down your spine pretty much the same way a bubble moves inside a lava lamp? If you will kindly notice, the biggest problem about your issue is your own fear of it. Look closely and you will find that if you obsess over your condition, the aches and the anxiety increase. Try ignoring it & you will see that the sensations subside. The lesser importance you give it, the more you will be able to bring this wonderful experience under you control.

I say wonderful, because (if my diagnosis is correct), you have begun an internal journey that will alter your entire existence.

I apologise for the dramatics. I am not a saint, so i'm not exactly sure how to break it to you that 'the holy spirit has descended upon you'.

Notice. In every religion, saints are depicted with a cool halo around their head. Religious traditions & beliefs vary greatly across geographical boundaries but some things remain constant. Like saints and godmen oozing a cool light from their head.

Christians call this process 'being born again'. This is because you have reached the next phase in your evolutionary cycle. And you will find that a lot of the symptoms you experience are shared by pregnant women. Dizziness, euphoria, depression, mood swings, inexplicable sensations, tingling bursts of electricity running down the length of your spine and limbs.

In Hinduism, the supreme god 'shiva' is shown with a constant fountain of water emanating from the top of his head. But in Hinduism, the holy spirit ascends upto the head, instead of making a decent as in Christianity.

Ascends, descends.. doesnt make a difference when u are experiencing what you are experiencing, is it not? If you google the word 'Kundalini', you may find an answer to what you are looking for. And if it sounds familiar to you, I request you to stop running to doctors & taking unnecessary drugs. They most definitely will NOT help you, but they might make your situation worse.

I'm not asking you to ignore medical attention. I have great respect for it. But if the doctors are repeatedly telling you that there is nothing wrong, then do yourself a favor & listen to them. I cannot stress enough that you need lots of rest and nap time.

Please note, I'm not suggesting you are 'saved' or 'liberated', etc. Just saying that you will now simply begin to become aware of certain processes in your body that aren't known to western medicine yet. If you try to explain these processes to your doctor, s/ he may most probably refer you to a psychiatrist.

Understand: What you are dealing with is an intelligent force. The fact that you feel you are being pulled in a certain direction is just the beginning. You wont be able to prove its existence to anyone. But you would do well to observe it and respect it.

Try not to read too much into the spirituality/ religious part. No need to read them holy books. They wont help you because they are designed to take a human being upto the point you have now reached. After this, you will find your own way.

Live your life to the fullest. If am correct, the last thing you should be worrying about is your body. It is being looked after. Take care of your mind & be good.

Regards.

Yeah... I bet you did...
What an awful way to try to push beliefs on others.

Sounds very familar the nose, can't breathe,chest pains, stomach problems, tingling arms and hands, headaches, TMD, vision problems,  etc., etc, and plenty of wrong diagnosises along the way.  You cervical spine may be out of alignment.

First, have your doctor visually check the alignment of your ears over your shoulders.  This will confirm or rule out FORWARD HEAD POSTURE or Forward Head Position; FHP.

You may have had several MRI diagnostic studies, but the machine may not have been the necessary strength; TESLA 3 is what you need to rule out your problems.  An X-ray will show a fracture; a Ct scan will pick up a lump or bulge; but the correct MRI will show through the layers of everything.  MRI machines; like brems of anything, have distinct differences.

I now have 18 screws. 3 plates, cadever bone, anterior and posterior neck scars.

I'm just another guest offering an opinion,

You'd do well to top yourself. It's got to be better than living with all of those problems.