I want to lose weight and increase my cardio time, because Weight training simply doesn't burn that many calories. And I was told that when you weight train over 1hr 15 minutes it's counter productive and the argument is that you deplete you muscle glycogen and cause more harm than good. But on the other side some guys told me that the cardio is a waste of time and energy. I run 30 minutes, stretch and weight train another 45 minutes. Anyway I would appreciate any suggestions to make sure my efforts are in line with my goals.

Cardio is needed for optimal heart and lung function, circulatory system function, and weight management, so it is never waste of time and energy. If you tend to rely more on cardio than strength you will suffer with less strength in the long run. You simply will be forcing your body to do more and more in volume and it will not have the strength gains to match that demand and if you simply strength train only you will suffer on the cardio.
You will lift a lot, but you wont be able to run or sprint a short distance without getting winded. You need a balanced approach for better health overall and remember its not just the short term benefits you get, its the long term approach you take in lifelong fitness improvements and maintenance of that fitness level in your later years.