I am a fifty-two year old dialysis patient whom has chosen to use a catheter rather than a fistula or graft. I have been on hemo-dialysis for three years and, I am doing very well. The rule for catheter patients is that we must avoid showers. I shower twice a day using an op-site dressing which is quite water resistant. I had initially tried a fistula but it failed to take and, all my veins are too small to consider another go at it. I enjoy the benefits of needless dialysis and I am looking forward to home hemo-dialysis in the near future. Anyone else out there in this situation?

Per the posting from "infiniteye", I have a question. Where is your present catheter site? My husband has one below his collar bone, pending a fistula/graft. We are about to move into the country, but the closest hemodialysis clinic does not want to accept him until he has the fistualr or graft implanted.