Hi, guys. I went to the doctor yesterday. I have headaches and I feel little dizzy lately. Other than that, I have no other symptoms. Nevertheless, he ordered me cerebral arteriography. I would really like to know why my doc did that. Do you have any clue? I will appreciate it.

Hello. Arteriography is an X-ray method for viewing certain blood vessels. It is an invasive method. A contrast is administrated into a certain blood vessel and then you are imaged by an X-ray machine. Cerebral arteriography is usually ordered when a doctor suspects that there is an occlusion somewhere in an artery. This is also excellent method for viewing malformations of arteries and veins, aneurysms, hemorrhage inside the organism, tumors, etc. It can also be used preoperatively. You should talk to your doctor about the reasons for your cerebral arteriography. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!