Almost every time my husband and I have sex I get a stabbing pain in my abdomen even if I am well aroused or well lubricated. During my last two pelvic exams my doctor said my vagina was "shorter" than normal and said the pain could be from my husband hitting my cervix during penetration. I asked her if my cervix could be damaged by this but she wouldn't answer me. I would really like an answer to this and if it could cause problems in if Iwere to ever get pregnant.

I am not a doctor. I have had very serious pain caused by nerve trauma which I believe resulted from sexual intercourse with my fiance. It felt like it started in my cervix and I should NOT have ignored this. Now the pain is in my legs (inside), pelvic area and back. They say the nerves get confused and the pain can radiate to different areas. Five months of pain and no relief so far. I would be careful when having intercourse, otherwise you might end up like me and not be able to have it at all (too much pain).