I'm looking for some reassurance to ease some worry about something that happened this morning. I have not been to see my obstetrician yet, she won't see me for another couple of weeks, so I didn't know where else to turn.

I am 9 weeks pregnant, and I don't know if this is normal or not, but this morning I woke up and my uterus and vagina were contracting, like they would in an orgasm, except it kind of felt wierd. Almost, but not quite, painful. Then I noticed that my cervix had 'descended' as it were and is now taking up a lot of space and is quite sensitive and almost painful. Once again, almost but not severly, painful. Just different. And it's felt different all day.

I don't know if this is normal, or even if this makes sense, but I'm very confused and worried and I am concerned about the health of my baby. :( If you could offer any kind of help, please do so. Thanks!

Okay, I know this is weird, but did you have intercourse just before you started to exerience those symptoms? My doctor told me that semen causes the cervix to contract and open during the first trimester because the cervix is still really soft and easily affected by the semen. The contractions may even cause some bleeding, but that should end soon after (not prolonged or very heavy). My doctor suggested no intercourse without a condom during the first trimester to prevent this problem.

I hope this helps!

did you ever find out if the contractions you were experiencing were normal? My doctor is stumped. I have the same thing happening and I am seven weeks.
thxs

I had the same problem in my second pregancy. the doctor found out, much later, it was group B strep. Ask your doctor about that.

Pain during the first trimester can simply be caused by the body adjusting to the pregnancy - your cervix has to close tightly, and your coxix bone will move very very slightly; as long as there is no bleeding accompanying the pain, it should not indicate a problem but always go to see a doctor if it worries you.

hey, i know this isnt a help to you! and im sorry! but i was wondering if you or anybody else could help me as my dr. can not see me for another several wks and is completely booked. i had a daughter by csection about 9 months ago, and now i am 14wks pregnant. (i know pregnant again too soon, everyone says) anyway i had some cramping and had a hard time getting up after laying down! it was csection pain all over again, it didnt last long so a nurse said it shouldnt be a problem, but recently i have had a pink tinged discharge(TMI I KNOW SORRY!) and now my perineum is bleeding almost as if its been stretched!!!! very painful! but it cant be from sex because me and my husband has not did anything for the past 4days because im scared of hurting myself more!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!! ANY INFO IS HELPFUL!!! AS FOR NURSES SAY EVERYTHING SHOULD BE OKAY!

Sounds like some round ligament pains mixed with extra pains from your csection. I am having similar issues but no bleeding at the moment. My doctor said with csections it can make RLP more intense. But if you are worried always seek help from a doctor.