Hi, I was reading very interesting article in the news paper about bronchitis in the general. It said that bronchitis is disease which is affecting more and more people every day and soon every second human being will be suffering from it. It sounded so scary for me so I would like to know if it really may happen and what is bronchitis indead?

Hi, I guess I will be in that group who already suffer from bronchitis. I can't say if it is precise prognosis that 50 percentages of people will suffer from this disorder but I am sure that there will be more and more people with bronchitis. Every day air which we breathe is more and more polluted; number of people who are living in big towns is increasing constantly, there are so many smokers out there so it is logical that all these facts will make ideal conditions for bronchitis to affect more people. Bronchitis is consisted from word bronchi which presents great airway tube in the lungs and the other part of the word is "itis" which is in Latin term for inflammation so we have bronchitis or inflammation of major airway tube in the lungs.