Hi, my daughter is only 10 months old, and she constantly coughs. A doctor said that it’s just a cold that will go away, but I am very scared anyway. She is so small and fragile, I am afraid that something could happen to her.

Hi, I have three children and two of them had colds when they were babies. Believe me, babies are much stronger than they look like! Their little bodies are fighting cold effectively, and all you can do is make her immunity stronger. There is no medicine for viral cold. Give her some baby-vitamins (only recommended by a doctor), let her rest a lot, and give her lots of fluids. If your daughter has nose mucus, you should listen to her breathing in case that mucus is going down her throat. Babies can’t inhale the warm steam directly like we do. It’s better if you sit with her in the bathroom with steam from bathing. It is not to hot, but it will be able to clear her nasal canals.