My 5 year old son has frequent problem with throat congestion and swollen glands- I would actually like to avoid giving him antibiotics that often so I am curious if there is any other home made herbal remedies or something like that to fight the throat congestion. I have tried with warm showers but I don't see it is helping him with the throat congestion and he also has trouble speaking-he loses his voice whenever it comes to the throat congestion-so is there any help?

Warm showers are good when the sinuses or lungs are congested but in the case of throat congestion than some other sort of steaming could help-and you could make this steam remedy by yourself all you need practically is just a little water 1/4of water is usually enough for 3 eucalyptus drops and plus tea tree or lavender essential oil and your steam is done and I bet throat congestion could practically disappear and no antibiotic is needed. And as for the swollen glands –you could reduce them by wrapping them with some neck compresses.