My daughter came to me admitting she has a methadone addiction problem and wants help. She's taken this pill now for approx 10 months. I don't know the mg or how many yet. Our first course of help is beginning with her Doctor. Hopefully this will be the only door we need to go through. I'm prepared to go the distance with her, all the way to complete recovery.Her boyfreind has the same problem and his parents decided to send him off to rehab. It was for painpills he was taking. He's been back now for some time and now they have a methadone addiction problem. They didn't have any medical or health problems I'm aware of so I believe they just must of liked the mood these pills gave them, I don't know. I'm looking for any advice or similar situations other folks might have had that might be helpful in getting us on the right path. I'll know more after her doctor's appt soon. Thanks for your eyes and ears. Jim

I'm having the same problem. I just haven't told my parents. Basically, you just have to have enough will power to quit... it's hard... but so far I'm getting through. Also, I don't know if it helped or not... but there is an OTC vitamin called "Ester C", I think. It has 1000 mg of vitamin C. I seem to be ok. I have sudden mood swings though, so be expecting that... that is if you don't take her to rehab or detox. Also, I found running on a treadmeil for about 15 minutes also helps if she says she gets cold and hot flashes, and if she just can't sit still. Listen to music though while running, otherwise it begins to get boring.

:cry: :cry: :cry: My daughter just recently told me also about her problam with methadone her and her boyfriend has been doing it together he goes to a clinic to get his but shares it with her so now she is addicted to it as well i feel very violated in a way looking back on all the signs i just didnt see she claims she is now tryin to get clean im not sure i believe her ive read all about the symtoms on detoxing she doesnt live with me so im very worried any advice from anyone would help i guess i just need to know im not alone .i really dont know what to do ive never dealt with anything like this before ive never been addicted to any kind of drug in my life and i never expected one of my children to have this problam ive recently learned also when my grand daughter was born my daughter was also doing it she tryed to quit during her pregancy but went into early labor so she couldnt im really mad at this clinic that supplies them with this drug i always thought doctors were suppose to help people not enable them to get a serious drug such as this .... :cry: :cry: :cry: