I've had this problem for near 5 months now. Originally the doctor's chalked it up to being chronic sinusitis, but after round after round of antibiotic did nothing and a ct scan came back all clear, now they chalk it up to allergies. But this feeling isn't normal at all. I'm dizzy all of the time, I can sleep 20 out of 24 hours, I have a bad cough and congestion that continues after the doctor's said allegra and flonase would clear it up. My daughter is now showing the same symptoms and no one is listening to me. Any ideas what could be the source of our issues?

Yeah, I would like to know what this is. I have similar symptoms. I have had a headache, a bad cough with congestion and I hurt between my shoulder blades. Same thing, the doctors are continuing to give me a Z-pack or some other type of antibiotic. My husband and my kids are the same way. Runny nose, congestion and a bad cough. I really wander if the doctors know what it is and they aren't telling the public because it is truly something in the atmosphere. I can not believe all the new viruses that are coming up. What is the government doing to us? Using us as experiments? Poison in our foods, lotions, shampoos and water?

I had the same problem. I got MRI, CAT and nothing helped. Took imitrex for the headaches, allegra for sinuses and muscle relaxant for the neck pain. Finally I went to an allergist that said it was one of two things: acid reflux or TMJ. I thought he was crazy - but he was definitely right on. TMJ causes neck pain, headaches, sinus problems and dizziness. Go to a dentist that specializes in TMJ and get tested.

Gosh, thank god i am not alone! sorry guys but i have been worrying like crazy thinking I have something life thretening like a brain tumour. My headache is like my head is in a vice and behind my eyes feel achy in their sockets. when I bend down I get sharp pains in my face and forehead and my top teeth at the back are in constant pressure pain like something is pushing them out, i went to the dentist and he said my teeth were ok. also my neck is so tender and achy when i move it. I have a persistant cough but its dryI have just been on a course of anti-biotics for a chest infection and they seem to have cleared that up but surely the anti-biotics would of cleared any infection in the back of my nose, wouldn't they?, im really tired all the time just fall asleep all the time, when i wake up first thing in the morning my forehead in the middle feels heavy and achy, I dont feel like im here half the time feel like i am walking around half asleep and its getting me down now. my nose doesnt seem blocked as such just at the very back it feels full of flem but nothing i do clears it.
Im going to go see my Doc Iv had this for 3 months now and cant take much more. Its all the polution in the atmosphere im sure it is. Im never usually poorly, over the last year i have been nothing but poorly.
Wish me luck guys. Hope you all get well soon!

i've also had the same thing. I've only had it for about 2 weeks and I'm sick of it. Let me know if you guys figure something out!

I have had "allergy like symptoms" for the last 5 months as well. I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and it's making the pregnancy almost unbearable with the pain and coughing. Im not sure if this applies to anyone but we have had issues with Mold in our apartment. I am almost convinced that is a lot of the problem. My 8 year old son has suffered from chronic ear infections since we moved in, 8 years olds don't suddenly develop ear infections do they? My husband (who never gets sick) has suffered minor issues like congestion. It seems my son and I have had it the worst. I wake up in the middle of the night coughing, can't breathe, chest discomfort and now I have lost my voice from the strain of coughing so much. A word of advice for those who seem to suffer with no relief, check your home or apartment for signs of mold, moisture and mildew. Hope you all feel better. God Bless

On my second round of antibiotics. And the cough and congestion is getting worse not better. I woke up with a terrible sinus headache this morning and pain between my shoulder blades. There is rattling in my chest when I breathe. It's not a sinus infection any longer, although that is what it started out as. Has anyone figured out what this is?

I've had the exact same thing for a week now. I sure hope someone figures this out. Now both my kids have it as well.!

Have you gone to see a doctor since the infection has spread to your kids? It sounds like a simple cold but I don't know--do you have any other symptoms?

I have the same thing. This is the 3rd time since May this has happened to me. It started with a sore throat then moved down to my chest, and now when i cough my head hurts SO bad, my ear is starting to throb with a cough, but my Doc said i do not have a ear infection. It
is horrible. i also have a low fever, it never gets high, it just stays in the high 90s. If anyone knows anything please help me, Iam miserable.

What other tests has your doctor done for you to figure out what's going on? I would like to hear what other options you have available. Can you let me know? Thanks!

i have had a bad cough and have been congested for about almost 2 weeks. my back hurts, ive had headaches for 3 weeks. when i cough sometimes it gets bad to the point where i want to throw up. mom thinks its just allergies or a cold. i don't know though.

ive had the same thing for about 2 1/2 weeks now, and as an active choir member, its making me miserable. i have NO control over my voice.
it started out with simple cold-like symptoms, then i got an eye infection in my right eye that lasted about 5 days(the syptoms where: discharge,redness,sensitivity to light,and it hurt really bad when i would bend down) , and its been getting worse ever since then. right now i feel like im congested, but im not (maby because of swelling?) and ive almost completely lost my voice. theres heaviness in my chest. my ear hurts and im really dizzy. for some reason, ever since i first got this ive been getting pain in the back of my neck that runs all the way down to my shoulders and upper back.

You may be living in allergens you can't see. Mold or something in your home. Do the symptoms get better if you are away from your homes for extended periods of time (a week or more)?

I have been dealing with this for 3 months now. All the doctors say is it a virus going around. I don't know if i believe that cause my husband has not got it. My kids just got an ear infection. I am miserable. My head hurts, cant stop coughing, and my nose is all congested. No matter what i take it wont stop. It is getting ridiculous.