I have been having chest pain but it is unusual I know when it is coming because I get a similar pain in my lower right molar just befor the onset of the lower chest pain. I have no idea what it is please advise. The pain is dull and burning at the same time and at times radiates to my right side.

I'm having the same exact symptoms. Just happened today as a matter of fact. I had it 3 times previous. 1st time landed me in the hospital. Thought I was having a heart attack. Everything came back normal though. Passed my stress test, echo and ekg fine. Pain is in my molars (lower), jaw and a tight sharp pain in my chest. I can breathe fine, pulse is normal, no sweating or nausea. I wish I knew what it was because it scares the heck out of me. Doc seems to think it's a muscle spasm and the pain "refers" back and forth from chest to jaw. Doesn't make me feel any better. It only happens once in a blue moon but its still scary. Sorry I don't have an answer for you. Just wanted you to know that your not alone.

I have the same problem, only it begins with my upper right molar. I had the tooth root canaled and thought perhaps that had something to do with it.

The pain, for me seems to follow long periods of sitting at work and / or drinking sparkling mineral water. My physician told me that it is likely stress related. The pain seems to arise about once a month for me and is very different than other sensations and feels strangely painful.

I would love to know what is causing it but am afraid to pursue the problem further with my physician lest he misdiagnose it and throw meds at me. (I know.. odd logic)

I hope someone can shed some light on this thread.

I am having a similar problem to what is being posted here. I am so glad to find this...I just thought I was losing my mind. It's happened about 10 times in the last 3 years.....not very often but VERY intense.

I can feel it coming on with a chest pain that sometimes varies to the right side of my shoulder. It quickly goes straight through to my back. At this point, I can barely breathe the pain is so intense. Within a few seconds, my teeth feel as though something is trying to push them out of my mouth. The pain through my teeth is also very intense and the pressure of feeling like they are being pushed out is very strange. These "episodes" last about 15-20 minutes and I basically cannot communicate during these. I am a school teacher and had one at school during class. The nurse came in and asked what was wrong, but I couldn't speak because of the intense pain and trying to breathe.

I was taken to the hospital that time and given a cardiac workup which came back just fine. My primary care physician is totally puzzled and has no idea according to the symptoms what could be wrong. Since then, I've just dealt with them and usually have a few seconds warning when the feeling hits, to make sure I'm sitting or lying down until it passes.

The only clue I have is that these did not begin until I had serotonin syndrome 3 years ago. I was prescribed 2 different medications that boosted serotonin levels and it was obviously too much. This problem started during that time, but even after recovering from the serotonin syndrome, these other problems did not stop.

Any ideas or help out there would be greatly appreciated. I am a 49 year female in relatively good health....no weight problems....and I try to eat right. Of course, stress is always a part of life as it is everyone's, but these episodes do not seem to be related to any particular type of stressful event or day.

Help me if you can -- I would greatly appreciate it.

Teacher

I had the same symptoms and my #30 tooth had a crack in it requiring a root canal.

I have had that too :-(

I can't think of the name of it and am unable to google it for some reason, but my 8 year old daughter suffers from something that she swears gives her tooth pain and chest pain. It normally starts with the chest, goes to her two bottom front teeth and I think she mentioned in the jaw once.

The cardiologist, of course, smiled and said it was coincidence... But that
s not true as it happens every time.

The link between the teeth and the chest I don't know about, but this (true or not) was her diagnosis... as her results came back normal (normal exam, EKG and x-ray is all that was done), the Dr smiled and told me he thought he knew what was wrong.

He poked around a bit all around her chest area and where she felt the most pain was over to the sides, more toward the collar bone.

He said she has inflammed cartiledge. There is cartiledge that attaches the ribs to the chest plate (I think to the chest plate!) to allow for movement. This can get irritated in smoe people and inflammed, causing a centralized pain which ends up in the chest. It is totally benign, but feels scary.

It can be much worse in smoe than in others.

It can come with too much activity and irritation of the cartiledge, or out of nowhere.

He said there is no cure, it is life-long, but he himself ALSO has the condition and he has learned some things to dealwith it and help. One is some kind of weght-bearing exercise that he said we'd have to wait to teach my daughter (she is too young, weight bearing exercises in children before puberty can actually damage their bones) but that later those would be helpful.

I wish I could remember the name of what it was... The diagnosis. I can't even google it! But at least you'd have a name to ask your cardiologists to check you for.

But it may be a start...

I wish I knew the connection with the tooth pain... Everyone can't be crazy!! Of course because my daughter is so young all of her Dr's blow off the tooth pain and tell me how kids don't know how to describe tings... Which makes me upset because my daughter is very articulate and quite intelligent... She knows what the heck tooth pain is!! She describes things very well. But that is their answer when they are clueless.

I am a medic in the military and I get alot of exercise and I began to have the same pain. It started in my lower left jaw and went into the center of my chest. they tried to treat me for anxiety, didn't work, then they tried to treat me for heart burn, didn't work either. They are just not sure what it is but after hearing the responses here, i am thinking it may be caused from needing a root canal. The pain is mainly located where i need the root canal but still dont understand the chest pain. Either way, I really appreciate you all communicating on here cause i was so paranoid about this being a cardiovascular problem and I am only 27 years old. Thanks again to everyone for sharing.

I have the exact same pain - seems to start in the chest but quickly travels up my neck to my lower molars. I'm having it intermittently right now and decided to google it. I have had a complete cardiac workup, including cardiac catheterization. It's not a heart problem. And I had a complete upper and lower GI and colonoscopy. It's not a digestive problem.

I might be inclined to believe it's tooth-related except the chest pain is a strong pain! Unless there is something about the tooth that perhaps irritates a nerve that radiates down from the tooth and jaw to the center of the chest - mostly on the right side.

Bizarre! But it's oddly comforting to find you folks with the same symptoms. I know I'm not imagining it!

I think you should call your doctors. Sometimes heart problems can manifest themselves in lower jaw/tooth pain.

I have exactly the same thing - sometimes 4-5 times a week, sometimes a month in between.

With me, it's usually upper mid-molars and just below my sternum, sometimes all the way through to my back.

I've found it'll often go away if I do some vigorous exercise - jogging, biking, anything really.

Yes, I am also having the same symptoms.

I like the description of a radiating pain that best describes the chest pain I feel. It's not like a punctual pain and does not feel as intense that way, it's more like a spread pain that does not go away quickly.
For me it's associated with a discomfort in the implant I have that replaces a back tooth.

I had quite a few issues to get this implant to take-on and it's been bothering me ever since.

I find that taking 400mg Ibuprofen helps me get rid of both symptoms after ~20min but I had to take this daily for the last 2 week.

Now that I see a lost of you are referring to root canal, I'm going to get it check by my new dentists even if the last 3 dentists told me everything looks all right with this implant (I happen to have 2 other implant which do not cause me any troubles).

Thanks for the great descriptions,

I'll keep you updated when I got results (count ~ 2 months... :-))

I think that one thing a lot of people may or may not be aware of is the mouth-chest connection. I know that oral health is related to heart disease, and if you have poor oral hygiene then you are at risk of heart disease. DO you guys think this might be a related factor? Thierry, let me know how it goes at your root canal, okay?

ME TOO!!
Its a relief to see other people posting my symptoms. I'm no doctor but came up with my own diagnosis. I need a root canal/extraction in an upper tooth. I get a dull ache just lower and left of my sternum, also tooth/jaw pain. I think that bacteria in my tooth/jaw somehow make their way through my body and cause inflammation where they end up, somewhere in my chest. I am 23 yo and was worried that heart conditions were an issue. I am having the tooth extracted so hopefully I can return here and let you all know if the symptoms go away after the fact.

Guest wrote:

ME TOO!!

Yes, please definitely let us know how it turns out for you! I know that even if you haven't had a formal diagnosis that sometimes you can be right so I'm hoping that what you've come up with is accurate. let me know how you're doing okay?