My brother has been to the emergency room twice in the past week with chest pains, tingling sensation in his left arm and fingers, and he has been feeling weak. The hospital has done numerous EKGs and they have all shown no abnormalities. He had a CT Coranry Angiogram and they did not see any blockage. He is under a extreme amount of stress at work. He is in his late 40's. He does have an appointment with a cardiologist next week but he is not the type of person that will pursue an answer if the symptoms persists and his doctor says everything is fine. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be?

Hi hon: It sounds like your brother has Angina! Angina is brought on by extreme stress, smoking, poor diet etc! It can feel just like a heart attack - as per your brothers symptoms. And if left untreated can actually cause a heart attack. It is when the heart muscle spasms due to lack of oxygen. So your brother seeing a cardiologist is a good 1st step. They might do an Angiogram on him - to see if there is any blockages. Also he might be experiencing severe panic attacks. They can feel just like a heart attack, but a lot of them come with the feeling of the heart pounding out of your chest. It is amazing how much damage stress alone can do to someones physical body. And MANY diseases and ailments can directly be associated with it. Please keep me informed as to what your brother is diagnosed with. I wish you both good luck and health!!

I have been having the same thing and the hospital gave the same reasons I'm not convinced I'm 61 and do get worried sometimes the chest pains are really sharp but keep getting told it's not my heart