I am having problems with a cough that seems to be triggered by acid reflux, it is precipitated by a tickle and burning sensation at the top of my throat, a couple of powerful sneezes and then I vomit. I went to the nearest ER last week, a chest xray was done, they were looking for a possible sliding hernia. The xray showed "nothing remarkable" and no on the hernia. I was given Carafate and Protonix in hope that it would do a better job than the Omeprazole I have taken for several years. But, the last 4 days I throw up as soon as I eat any solid food. I have been able to tolerate meal replacement shakes, drink water and am now drinking apple juice. There is a lot of clearing of the throat, burping and excess saliva after one of these coughing spasms. Sometimes it ends up as a dry heave or bile taste. I have no pain, I am urinating and I had bowel movements yesterday, a little on the yellowish color of things. I feel fine with moderate energy levels other than the coughing and vomiting and I have no fever. I don't have any sinus issues or feel as though I have post nasal drip. Is it possible it could be gallbladder related? No one has checked for that or mentioned it? Any other ideas?

I have just been diagnosed with gallstones....I had none of the symptoms you had. I think yours is more acid reflux, but there are things you can take for that. Nexium? The Doctor fist put me on Nexium for heartburn and acid reflux, it also helps minor ulcers. . But the pain came back for me, and with a couple trips to the ER and different Doctor, Emergency ultrasound, they found the Gall stones.

My Pain was really, really sharp, right between my rib cage, under my bra line pretty much, as my attacks proceded it eventually started causing pain on my right side, and then between my shoulder blades. No acid reflux ever, or heartburn etc.

-Canadian Girl

I considered that, but I know a few people who had gallstones and none of them had any pain either...