SOOOO here's the deal, I've been to the doctor at least 6 times over the last 1.5 years.  In July 2010 I started having stabbing chest pains on my left upper chest.  Scared for my wellbeing I went to the doctor at a deployed location and they told me that it might be 1 of like 7 things.  The pains would pretty much only happen during longer runs.  I am a runner and run 100+ miles per month, so it's frustrating to have to stop at 3.5 miles.  I've had multiple doctors look at me, had a stress test where I ran 3.5 miles on an incline, had a 2d echocardiogram, and been to physical therapy and nothing.  The physical therapist would push on the spot, which is almost on level with my nipple and I would have immense pain.  The physical therapist said it was crazy to feel because the muscle between my ribs was like pressing down into a box of packing peanuts, but the other side felt completely normal.  SO he said to do stretches, take a month off from running, and do strength training.  I took 3.5 months off of running, I've been doing strength training through TRX, and have lost 13 pounds.  I want to run more than anything but still cannot.  First run was 7 miles and no pains, next was 4.5 with no pains and then I ran 3.5 and got the shooting pain.  I ran on Sunday for the 7, Tuesday for the 4.5 and on Friday was the 3.5.  I'm 27 and in pretty good shape so I'm kind of confused what's going on.  I have prehypertension but it's being controlled via medication, and I take Tramadol to prevent migraines while working out.  I'm at my whits end here after a year and a half of chest pains.  HELP ME OUT, suggestions?

I'm sorry I put this in the wrong area, gonna repost it there.