Hi!

I am a 19 year old female, 5'2" and I weigh about 100-105 pounds. I have been a runner all my life and ran cross-country for five years. I have stopped running for a few months and recently just started again. During my first run in forever I felt fine, but afterwards I was experiencing chest pains when I inhaled deeply and they lasted for over an hour.  I recently got a blood and urine test and everything was fine. I had an EKG done a year or two ago and everything was fine.

What could this be? I haven't ran since but my doctor said it could have been because of the heavy pollen or I just strained my muscles. Any thoughts?

Exercise induced asthma. 

It can come on at any time.  Maybe this and maybe not.  This runs in our family and I get like this when I run too much or in the wind.  All my sisters have this too.

Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll have to look into that.  I think this is the first time I've experienced chest pains when inhaling deeply after running, but in high school I did wheeze a lot after running as well.