I too have had the cellphone vibration issue. Had a full cardio check....echocardiogram, ECG, Loop monitor, holter monitor......it is not heart related at all. I do have PVC's (preventricular contractions) but these were not coincident with the cellphone like vibration incidents I recorded on the "loop" monitor.
Had full upper GI and abdomen ultrasound. Results said I had some reflux during the water siphon test. So, it seems the vibration is related to that. I seem to only get these vibrations early morning as some other posters have indicated and that is why the doctor says I have no "acid" symptoms. Some type of genetic issue on poor "flap" functioning that seems to become irritated from time to time.

Have been prescribed an "acid blocker" to prevent any issues going forward.

Like many of you, I definitely thought it was cardio related and was mystified by the cellphone like buzzing. So, maybe its this esophagus reflux thing.....we'll see! Hope this helped some fellow cellphone buzzing sufferers.
Good Luck all.

I had the exact symptoms vibration on left side of chest almost reached for my cell phone that's when I realized it's coming from my chest. I am an Occupational Therapist and had wooed extensively with cardiac patients In past. I am glad to know it has nothing to do with my heart.
However I will mention this to my MD and friends in cardiology. Thanks for the posting....Mack Fischer, Mobile, AL

I have had the same symptoms...... It has been almost constant for about a week now...... Went to the doctor, had a EKG...... They said my heart looked great! It's baffling and scary, it's really bad when I first wake up in the morning...... Hope to find out what it is!

I have had this buzzing/vibration in my chest, arms, legs, feet and head since October 2012.  It is constant, or at least while I am awake.  I am baffled. I told my Doctor and she said she never heard of anything like it. It is not painful but extremely annoying.

I have been having the same thing! I carry my purse on my L shoulder and often have checked to see if I was getting a call. I have been having the buzzing/vibration for about a month, but very sporadically. I only today thought that maybe I should be concerned and found this post. I run 1/2 marathon distances regularly, eat really well, and have no cardiac disease in my family. I also have no reflux issues at all. I am really not concerned, but think maybe I should mention it to my MD just in case, just to put in on record in case something comes up the future that links this symptom to something else. If anyone else has any thoughts, please let us know!

I have the same thing going on with me I am 74 years old and really hate when something new crop up . I did all the tests also . Doctors said my heart is fine but I'm still worried

Try beet juice, beetroot extract or Nitric oxide supplements. It's a nitric oxide deficiency. That's your natural vasodilator and smooth muscle relaxer. I had the same issue.

Romell..... how do you learn this? Wonderful to know!!!

I am 74 years old and have had an upper left chest "phone vibration" sensation on and off (perhaps a few times a day but usually none) for 1-2 years, with no explanation. PVC's that I've had are well treated by metoprolol reduction of my reaction to adrenalin / epinephrin but vibration continues  Today the vibration occurred for the first time in my fingers on the left hand. Has anyone had an explanation and, if so, where?

Same thing with me...feels exactly like a cell phone buzzing on the right side on the rib cage.  It aslo happes to be where I carry my cell phone in my jacket and fleece cardigan pockets.  But this only occurs when I am not carrying my cell phone. 

I am wornering if it is not some kind of "learned response" by the nerves in the rib cage area that respond on their own in the absence of the cell phone.  Any thoughts about this theory?  It is very weird, I am 64 and have no apparent health issues other than tinnitus. 

Well I have acid reflux buts its treated daily with a pill , I have no issues anymore but Im having a lot of vibration in chest area. I keep thinking its my phone on vibrate cause I use to carry it in my bra, I don't anymore but I continue to have these vibrations through out the day not all day just at times . I still don't know what it is but soon I hope I can figure it out