Over the past few days, and since a tough bowel movement, I have had a buzzing or electrical sensation in my anus. I do have hemmeroids but have lived with them for years. There isn't any pain, but when I sit or lie down, I get this electrical or buzzing feeling on the side of my rectum where the hemmeroid is. It is driving me nuts. However, it isn't noticeable unless I'm sitting or lying down.
Help please.

I am suffering from the same sensation past 2 weeks. What happend to your symptoms? I appreciate if you could let me know how it was resolved.

Many thanks.

Regards

Ellie

Ellie,

It went away after a few days. I believe it was due to straining during a period of constipation. And you probably have some small hemmoroids that you may not be aware of. Recommend you stop worrying, go with the sensations, maybe use a supository and a soak to relax the areas that are "buzzing". It isn't serious and will go away soon. And I haven't had any symtoms since....I try to stay as regular as I can. Hope this helps.

johnny morris wrote:

Ellie53 wrote:

Many thanks.

Regards

Ellie

Ellie,

Thank you so much for your reply. I greatly appreciate it.
I know I have hemmoroids and I du suffer from constipation.
I am taking the medication the doc gave me and can't help but being worried about stopping them, as they stopped my symptoms.

I hope mine goes away for good too.
Thanks again.

Kind regards
Ellie

Ellie53 wrote:

johnny morris wrote:

Ellie53 wrote:

Many thanks.

Regards

Ellie

Ellie,

I hope mine goes away for good too.
Thanks again.

Kind regards
Ellie

Hi again, just to say that my symptoms back while I am on medication! Really worried. Any suggestions?

hi' i'm having buzzing or vibrating sensation after every 10 sec from past 2 weeks inside my anus.its very mild but annoying. i'm worried that's why trying net to find out whats going on. Many ppl writing & asking about the same problem. so hopefully nothing serious. i'm going to see my GP asap.

I too am having the same buzzing in rectum only after staining to go to the bathroom, I do suffer from constipation so from what i have read it is due to this so iam hopfull it will go away and soon i hope

have you considered, perhaps a nerve impingement in your spine?  Have this on and off and now having other GI track problems.  Had an accident where there was mild disk slippage & after recent doc appointment, I found out I shrunk 1/2 an inch. The S & lower L nerves can affect this area - cause constipation, affect sexual function, digestion - and I'm guessing this buzzing sensation.  I am not a doctor, I don't know for sure, but been reading a lot and this seems to fit. Something to consider or ask your doctor about.

I have been having this buzzing sensation in my anal area and also maybe surrounding area, it sounds exactly like many of yours.  It buzzes constantly every 15 seconds or so and sometimes it buzzes for hours at a time and sometimes stops for a half an hour or so, it isn't painful but I'm feeling exhausted from it, so hard to explain, like when it quits for a few minutes I have a feeling of relief.  I've been so afraid it is something serious and so afraid to go to the Dr.  I've had it continuously for about a week.  Mine does seem intensified when sitting but I also feel it when I'm laying down trying to sleep.  I keep thinking it will go away and hate to go to the Dr. if it's something that's going to pass.  I did not have a forcefull bowel movement, it just came out of nowhere.  I have hesitated even looking it up on the internet thinking I'll never find anything like this on the internet.  I feel relieved that I'm not the only one but compassionate for those of you that are also going through this.  Even though it is not painfull there's something about it that is really horrible.  When it first happened I thought it was maybe something coming from my spine because I have spinal problems on T12 & T11.  At first it seemed up futher and in the anal area now it feels like totally in the anul area.  I tried to see if it was a bowel problem, trying to eat light and see if it made any difference but it didn't.  I also started doing some exercises to stretch my spine thinking maybe that would help but it didn't.  I feel desperate but not alone I guess.....please, please, anyone that can help with this, please comment.

this is so weird. I have the same problem, a vibrating, buzzing feeling, very rhymic almost. comes and goes. But, when it's happening, it can last for hours. even standing, sitting, walking, not thinking about it, etc. the location I feel it (I know, this sounds weird) is between my legs. (no, I don't use mechanical devices for stimulus, either). This is bothering me so much. On another web page, I saw reference to the possibility that this can be phantom cell phone buzzing/vibrations. Could that be it for any of you posting here? I drive with my I-Phone on the seat between my legs, so I can reach it quickly to answer it. The virbration feels exactly like the phone is vibrating there, and the period of the buzz/vibrate is about the same number of seconds that the phone would be. Many, many people ask the question about feeling it in their "bum." some even referred to the left side or right. QUESTION: could it be where you normally have your cell phone? Like, back pocket for those who feel it there? Is it Phantom Cell Phone vibrations? and what is the result of our feeling it when the cell phone is no where near our body? For hours? Has anyone started to research this? Help!

I do not understand why there is no answer to this problem,  so many people seemto be having this yet I find no meical answer as to cause or treatment

we need some explaination

I agree. All questions No answers,whats the solution

I've been having this same thing for the past few days.  On another thread ("strange sensation in anus") several people mentioned that it coincided with drinking a lot of caffeine.  That could definitely be the case with me (I work at Starbucks and have been having a little more than usual lately).  So I'm going to try and cut back and see if that helps.

I had this vibrating sensation or buzzing around my anus.  My niece is a nurse and had checked into it for me.  She said it could be temporary nerve damage caused by hemorrhoids or constipation.  I have a Dr. Appointment at the end of the this month I'll try to remember his prognosis and re-post the results.

I too have a tingling sensation in my anus it comes and goes it just started a few days ago. I was sitting on a stone wall at six flags. I was in front of a water show so naturally I thought it was the vibrations coming from the mechanics of that. However when I got into the car I still felt it. This is like episodes it does not happen all the time but yet it returns in intervals. It is not painful but irritating and it scares me into thinking something is seriously wrong. Enough for me to research this. I was surprised that so many people were having the same problem