Hi please help I have a strange buzzing sensation in my anus. It has only been for a day it comes and goes at about 10 second intervals. I notice it most often when sitting or lying still. It is not painful just strange, as if I've got an electric charge bit very faint. What on earth could it be as I'm concerned.

Hi, I have been experiencing the same kind of buzzing or vibration feeling for the past three or four days. I am due to go to the doctor on another matter in the next week and will be asking about this but came on the net to see if I could find out anything. I will be interested to hear anything.

I don't know the answer, but I'm having the exact same problem! It started 4 days ago and is still continuing. Mine started after a week of illness with a virus and allergies. I thought maybe it was caused by the medicines I had been taking for that because I wasn't having the problem before. But I'm off all the meds now and still having the problem. Are you guys still having the same problem, too?

Did anyone find out what causes this??

I have been searching online for EXACTLY the problem described....not really a problem, just worrying. I only notice when sitting still, it is not at all painful, just feels like I am sitting close to a mobile ringing on vibrate!!
It tingles close to my anus for about 5/7 seconds, then stops, but soon starts again.
Did ANYONE find a possible cause???

That's a very strange problem that you're reporting but I think that I am pretty confident that I know what the issue is. I think that it might be some sort of muscle issue related to pushing too hard. What I think it is probably is some buzzing based on your pulse. Does that make sense? Does that sound accurate?

Argg, I'm having the same problem!, wth? it's weird. I want it to stop :-( ? did anyone find the cause?

Uhmm, I really don't push to hard whenever I go to the bathroom. And everything seems to be normal when I go. :-( What could it be?

Me too, having exactly the same thing - what on earth is it? It's not painful but exactly as someone has said - like your mobile phone is going off right near your bum! At least we are not alone but if anyone comes up with an answer PLEASE let us know!

I had the same vibrating sensation. I just went to my doctor today. She placed a scope inside my anus to look around and nothing came up. She said she assumes that unless it somehow becomes painful or worst that it's like an eye twitch, only that it's located in the anus. She told me to take advil to reduce any inflammation that might be occurring, it has since then stopped.

best of luck, and hopefully yours is not too serious.

Anyone find an answer yet?

same problem! very strange. was happy to see that it wasn't immediately associated with cancer!

I have been having the same issue. Everything else seems to be working all right down there. It has been going on for several days though. I have been more sedentary lately. I do not think it is related to my pulse because it lasts for about 10-15 seconds, and it is much faster than a pulse. As the other reader said, it is more like the vibrate on a phone.

I too am experiencing a light vibration inside my anus area. Feels like it's on the left side. Almost feels like a buzzing of electric current. It happens about every 5-10 seconds and it last a couple seconds. Similar to an twitch I suppose. Although it does not hurt, it's annoying enough for me to look it up to see what it could be. I can certainly understand if it is a twitch type issue since I do experience twitching in higher stress times. But it's been a few days now and I never had a twitch last even a day. It is most noticeable while sitting. Also, not a new injury, I do have a herniated disk, L5 S1, but I don't know if that's any factor.

I see none of us are rushing off to a doctor except one poster :/ I'm no doctor, but I doubt it's anything life threating and it's not like we can make this up. Who would want to.....

Hi trlyka,
I just want to ask you have you had any problems with hemorrhoids?

dark_red,

I have had them before but not in a long time. I'd say it's been more then a year since I can remember, maybe longer.