Hi. 31 yo M. I work in an office and exercise regularly. It happened last week, that strange feeling of like electric current or something, running through my chest and arms. My muscles are vibrating, sometimes shaking. I have no longer that smooth muscle motion. Don`t know what to do? Should I rest? Why is this happening?

Hi. My muscles are also vibrating and I have this constant feeling that my movements are not smooth as they used to be. Wrists and ankles are the biggest problem. Sometimes I panic for no reason. Anyway, went to se my doc and end up diagnosed with anxiety (in case you don`t know, it`s a reaction to stress). You should be glad to hear that effective treatment is available. Still, I hate those panic attacks. When it comes to that point, I lay down and take a big breath.

Recently I have been experiencing VIBRATIONS in my upper leg muscles. These vibrations occur about every 45 seconds and last for about 3 seconds both day and night. I have tried to walk it off, rest it away, massage it away, stretch it away, hot and cold shower or bath to ease it, muscle rubs and everything else I can think of. Nothing will make it stop.
It is a vibration that is hinging on being painful.
I have been diagonosed with Fibromyalgia and Osteo-deteriation of my bones but to date not reported this condition to my doctor.

Any similarities or ideas what this condition may be?

hi i need some help desperetly,
i am only 18 and i have been expereincing muscle twichitng and shaking but it is only noticeable when i am still and i can hear my heart beat in my head very strongly after exerrcises similar to heart pulpitations - is there anything you can suggest that it might be because i have been searching the internet and it worries me that there are all these diseses such as MS and ALS and i really need some help but my family wont take me seriously??

thankx alot if you know anything

I'm 27, female, in fairly good health and been having strange symptoms like these for years. If I sit absolutely still, my body will rock with my heartbeat. Recently, my boyfriend asked why I was shivering. I didn't feel a thing, but he had his arms around me and could feel the vibrations. I have also had my phone in my pocket and thought it was vibrating (only to reach into my pocket and realize that it must have been my muscles). It's not visible (except the rocking thing) and I am mostly curious as to what this is, since other than the inconvenience, I haven't really noticed any real problems. Any ideas?

I can relate to the post where you think your phone is vibrating and reach for it only to find you are not even packing it. I have the swooshing blood sound in my ears after I climb stairs. I can add that after sitting, even 20 minutes, my muscles really hurt to move again for the first 30 seconds or so. I know I am very anemic and it has been a struggle to fix. (I even required a transfusion.) I know that drinking more water and taking coral calcium and magnesium helps the muscles a little. But stress, I think, is starting to cause a lot of shoulder and neck pain. I'm taking liquid vitamins, green powder nutrition stuff, powdered berries, a raw egg in a smoothie daily, plus the calcium and mag at night, but so far nothing has really helped the pain. In fact now my muscles are hurting to even have any pressure on them. Oh, and for years, some muscles have hurt just to touch them at all. I'd love to know what to do, and get to it! :-)

I have been having the loud beating heart...was given a low dose of beta blocker and that is gone..it also helps with the panic attacks. I have also been diagnoised with generalized anxiety disorder. Sometimes my whole body vibrates (no pain). Almost like someone is holding a vibrator in different places. I notice it mostly at night. I was prescribed lorazopame for that and it does work. I take 1 mg at a time. I was a little sceptical about all this being an anxiety disorder, but after reading some of these, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Except I'm 56 and I don't have sex all the time. :-(

In reference to your vibration, I myself have experienced the same feeling. It is worrysome as Ihave had three back operations. I was originally told that it was stenosis but after the surgeries I still have it. Sometimes in my legs sometime in my heart area and sometimes in my groin. Let's keep this subject going just in case it turns out to be a serious issue.

Hello.
42 yo M here.
Vibrating muscles felt mostly in:
Legs
Feet
Forearms
groin
I notice it to be most intense after even mild exertion and usually while sitting still.

I live in OC California
I'm prior navy
I'm not as active as I should be
I'm not over weight
I'm an X smoker

As mentioned by others it's really just annoying, but would like a little insight before I go asking doctors who may have :-S intentions XD
take care everyone and goodluck !

Hello OC California, I noticed the same sensation right after I was diagnosed with being bit by an infected tick. Lyme Disease which turned into fibromyalgia. Lucky. I'm 49, have manic depression ( severe bouts of it), on lots of medications for depression, anxiety, panic attacks, migraines, thyroid and bi-polar. Pretty much sick of life. All I needed now was vibrating muscles. At least I know I'm not alone in this. If anyone out there has an answer to this mysterious cell phone like vibration please let us know if medical attention is needed ASAP.

Thank You,

Desperate In Upstate NY

I am having the same vibrating feeling in my upper left chest..it is such a strange feeling..i do have fibromyalgia and a heart murmur..had all kinds of heart test, cath,,no other heart problem... i am inclined ti think it is a muscle thing...which it would stop..does not interfere with my sleep.

Everyone seems to have somewhat different symptoms. For me, the muscle in my inner thigh vibrates -- fast, maybe 4-6 per second, so maybe 300 pules per minute.  It starts as I'm falling asleep or while sleeping, and fades away once I'm out of bed.  If I lie in bed, I can will it away, but this is not easy to do.

Took me a long time to figure out it was my leg -- at first, I was vaguely aware of the bed shaking, but dismissed as, I dunno heavy construction machinery? Only after a few weeks did I discover, reaching down to my leg, that the muscle was spasming.

I'm 53, very fit, compete & medal in sports at the regional/national level.  I'd like to say that its worse the day after a heavy bout of exercise, but that's not entirely clear.  Today, it must of twitched all night, as I woke up with that part of the leg feeling sore.

OK, I just figured it out. In my case, its very clearly "benign fasciculation syndrome" (BFS) triggered by (Ta-Dahh!)

-- diphenhydramine (Benadruyl allergy pils) taken the night before

-- caffience (I'm a coffee addict) 

-- strenuous exercise.

Any one of these is a BFS trigger. For me all three together... ! Hah Thanks, everyone!

I see a lot of the common denominator here is anxiety.  I get these vibrations, and I have GAD.  Stress and anxiety cause all sorts of physical symptoms.  Always ask a doctor about new symptoms, however, feelconfident if they tell you that it is linked with stress and/or anxiety. 

Buy a bottle of tonic water at your local grocery store. Drink an ounce of it once a day until the problem stops and keep the rest in the refrigerator in case it returns. It tastes awful, so you might not want to drink it, It has a very small quinine content in it that calms the nerves which is why it is called 'tonic' water.