Hi there! I was thinking about vaccinating my daughter with prevnar to prevent pneumococcal infections such as meningitis and pneumonia but I heard many people reporting severe side effects like fever, fussiness, rashes, seizures, so I am not so sure about it. I would like to hear some comments on this!

Hello! I read about this. It seems that Prevnar did cause these side effects but the researchers said that the reactions were similar to those seen with other vaccines and that rash, crying and fussiness, breathing difficulties, and stomach upset are common childhood symptoms apart from immunizations. They reported that Prevnar is a very safe and very effective vaccine, so I wouldn’t know whom to believe, the researchers or to those people whose children have experienced these side effects.

MY BABY HAD THE PREVNAR INJECTIONS WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL, BUT SHE HAS BEEN HOSPITALISE WITH PHEUNOMIA, SO I AM NOT SURE JUST HOW EFFECTIVE THE VACINE IS. SHE HAS ALSO HAD NUMEROUS EAR INFECTIONS