I have a chronical disease for which I take a variety of different pills on a regular basis, meaning daily, or twice a day to be more specific. I was asking myself whether it would be a good idea to give traditional Chinese medicine a go. But, how does traditional Chinese medicine go together with all the pill-popping? Does anyone have any opinions on this combination of treatment? I am talking about Type II diabetes if that makes any difference.

I think the point of traditional Chinese medicine is that you switch from your current treatment to a new one, using traditional Chinese medicine, rather than combining the medication you are currently on with herbal treatment. I don't think traditional Chinese medicine would support you taking lots of pills while undergoing treatment, because it will mess up your bodily balance. I am not sure, to be honest though, whether it is a very responsible thing to come off diabetes medication.