I read somewhere that Traditional Chinese Medicine uses all kinds of things to "heal" people... One of their "medications" includes dried sea horse, or so I have heard!!! I thought that the sea horse was an endangered species now, and I would guess that would be highly illegal. Any comments?

I've never heard that and I have been seeing a TCM practitioner for three years now. I am sure that this is something that they might have done in centuries passed, but now I doubt that this would be something that is administered. Do you know what it was used for? Or was it just a rumour of some kind?

It's true.. people in China or various Asian countries still import dried seahorses for medicinal usages.
Living in Hong Kong, I do see dried seahorse still being sold, even in the recent years.
It's indeed a sad fact how majority of the people conceive seahorses as a powerful medicine.. there are conservation works around but apparently after centuries of traditional folklore people are still refusing to give up on using dried seahorses :(