Hello! I am 38 years old and I work as a secretary. I usually sit several hours continuously while making phone calls or type. I have started to feel back and neck pain few months ago. The pain is not so intensive but it is unpleasant. I also feel unusual tiredness and tension and I am sometimes very nervous. A friend of mine goes regularly to the chiropractor and says she feels great but my brother says acupuncture is much better for my neck pain. So, what shall I try, chiropractic of acupuncture?

Hello! It is not unusual that you feel pain in your back and neck after spending several hours in one position. You have to stand up every half an hour (if possible) and make simple stretching exercises, especially with your neck, shoulders and back. You will feel much better. If you want to try alternative therapy for your tension and pain I can say that most commonly used therapies are chiropractic, massage and relaxation. Also, there are many people who are very satisfied with acupuncture, especially with traditional approach. I think both therapies could improve your condition. I know many people who combine these two therapies, especially in severe conditions.