Hi. I'm 19 year old female and I have experiencing depression very often lately.
I could say for my self that I'm pretty much emotional person.
You know that this age brings all kinds of stresses to you. Most of them are caused by some love disappointments.
In these periods of depression I have noticed some strange thing. Eating chocolate is making me better. It is relieving my symptoms a lot. Beside this, I really love chocolate and I was wondering is my chocolate antidepressive effect really possible or could this be suggestive!

I have also noticed same affect of chocolate on me. I couldn’t believe in this so I did some research on my own.
I have found out that substances in chocolate have been discussed in the scientific literature as pharmacologically significant, include: arginine known as nature's Viagra, serotonin known as anti-stress neurotransmitter and tryptophan, anti-depressant amino acid.
So, you are probably aware now that anti-depressant effect of chocolate is medically proven and that this is not just the figment of your imagination.
You could suspect only one side effect- possible overweight!