Hi, I am a twenty seven years old man and I have chronic foreskin problems. When I was a baby I wasn't circumcised and I believe that this is what is causing my problem. When my foreskin retracts over the head of the penis, sometimes it doesn't go back on its own and this causes pain. I try to apply ice and than pull the skin back to its place. This helps, but I would like to have a more permanent solution for this problem. Do you have any suggestions about how I could deal with chronic foreskin problems for good?

Hi, there is a medical term used for your chronic foreskin problem. Your condition is called paraphimosis. The symptoms you have described are a match with this illness. The foreskin in some uncircumcised men can constrict bellow the glans of the penis restricting the blood follow and causing the head of the penis to swell. If this state persists it can have serious consequences. Because the glans doesn't get enough oxygen, this tissue could die. Paraphimosis can be caused by a number of conditions. This includes some kind of a bacterial infection, poor hygiene and vigorous sexual intercourse. Because this is a serious condition that can have serious repercussions, you should talk to an urologist right away. You have been lucky so far, but the next time this happens you may need emergency help to avoid serious tissue damage. That is why the best method of treatment, when it comes to paraphimosis, is circumcision. This way you will end your foreskin problems for good.