I had my gallbladder removed in july 2005 and in january 07 i started this chronic cough all day and night, but it gets especially WORSE anytime i put food into my mouth. i cough until i get sick. has anyone else had this issue with coughing?

I haven't had my gallbladder removed yet but the Doctors are looking at that being the reason why I cough all the time now...I have heard from other people that had their remove is that the coughing stops...that's the reason why I am lookikng at having the surgery.

I had mine removed also and now I have a chronic cough, I've tried everything to get rid of this cough. Sometimes I cough until I get sick on my stomach and all my food comes up. What did you do to eleviate the problem?

Yes My mother has the same problem. She got her Gallbladder removed on 07-2010.

It is because of the billiar reflux , the bile liquid invaded your easofagus ( sorry if write wrong) and make a iritation and this create a permanently cough .. the treatment need be for bille reflux which in time can damage the easofagus... Bile reflux treatment is not the same as gastric reflux acid ! At this point, doctors are very confuse !

I have same problem after my surgery , I tough it is from tube of anesthesia, but not... Doctors don't care much of this but it is grave side effect of gallblader removal... If the bille reflux is too strong, there is need other surgery for stop the bile liquid to enter into stomach ..

Yes I had gallbladder surgery jan 2014 started coughing right after surgery it went away for about 2weeks now the coughing is back 3months later cough mostly at night and foods trigger the cough it really chokes me up sometimes while im talking

I wish they would have told me about the coughing before the surgey. this has gone on for years. I would have tried to fix my gallbladder with diet. This is probably worse than living with my gallbladder. I just read that ox bile is good for this. I am going to try it...hope it works....
By the way, mostly any type of good or bad fats will trigger this. Eating a healthier diet helps but not always.

Do you still experience this cough? I had my gallbladder taken out a few years ago, and I've had a dry cough for the last couple of years. Its terrifying because I don't know why.

I still have the cough. There are a few days when I don't have any cough, then it comes back. Comes with reflux sometimes. I think it's all reflux. Ox bile seemed to make it worse for me. I now take betaine hcl when I eat (reflux away). That seems to help. I'm now trying a tiny bit of white vinegar in water, sipping during the day and when eating...that's what my dr suggested...Lime or lemon is supposed to work too but the lemon doesn't agree with me. Have to try the lime. So far it's a little more manageable....it's only been a few days.

Im caughing uncontollable to a point i choke . Please tell me has anything helped. I have not had my gallbladder removed yet . Scared to death. Ive read night mare story's

I had gallbladder surgery over a year ago, and I have a daily cough.. What do you think is causing it?

My husband had same problem. Constant Cough after gallbladder surgery and it hurt. Then he got hives and Thank goodness he remembered Zyrtec. Zyrtec stopped the hives and the cough.

My husband took Zyrtec for the cough after gallbladder surgery and it stopped. Hope it works for you.

I had a severly inflamed gall bladder removed four days ago and now I am experiencing a dry cough mostly at night, but also during the day? Why am I having this dry cough?

Hi i was meant of had my gallbladder/gallstones removed beginning of December 17 but because i had a chesty cough they cancelled my operation. Turned out had a chest infection. So was put on anti bocs for that. Well its nearly been a month and still have this annoying cough (wet) am booked in finally for second go at the operation. Am trying everything to quiet the cough down but nothing working. Will they turn me a second time? I have been on the waiting list for 9 years.