Hi, I am a 20 year old female. If it helps, I'm 5'3" and 100 pounds (Yes, I'm tiny, but so is everyone in my family, its genetic.) I don't smoke, drink, do any drugs, take any medications, and I eat relatively healthy.
I have been getting heartburn since I was about 16, but never frequently. Lately, I get it almost every day for the last 2-3 months, and usually feel nauseous when it occurs, and several times have actually vomited because of it. No matter what I've eaten the vomit is usually just a clear or yellowish liquid. I burp all the time, it seems to temporarily sooth my discomfort, but it always comes back. I'd say I burp at least once every few minutes, from a quiet one you can barely hear, to deep loud ones. My dad suggested it is probably acid reflux, because it is very common in our family. However, along with all this, I usually feel lightheaded, and like I can't breath. Deep breaths feel better, but I'd easily get tired out from doing it constantly. I never get any of these symptoms separately, it's always all at once. It either lasts a few hours, or all day.
I have also had sharp pains in my lower stomach more towards the left side. Last time I had one I couldn't move because the pain was so severe. I didn't do anything beforehand that would have triggered it, I was just cuddling with my fiance` watching TV. When I tried to stand up to go downstairs and get a drink, the pain started. Since then, I've experienced the same pain 4-5 times in the last couple months. When it isn't hurting, I feel like some one lit a fire in my stomach. It always feels like I'm burning up, but my skin is always freezing cold all over. I have never felt more uncomfortable at any other time in my life.
Does anyone have an suggestions of what I could do, or anything else this could be besides just acid reflux?

It sounds like your gallbladder. I just had mine removed and I am 36. It has alot of the same problems.Is the pain right under your sternum? The pain would make you double over its so bad. I hope this helps.

Thank you for your help. I'll deffinately ask my doctor about the possibility when I go.

I've got these exact symptoms at the moment and my doctor thinks it's a stomach ulcer.

These were my symptoms and it turned out that I am gluten intolerant. In the U.S., for some reason, doctors often miss gluten intolerance as a cause of digestive system problems.

I've been online trying to tell everyone I can about the help I got for my 15 yo daughter for this same problem so I'm all typed out but I will tell you to Google Steven H. Horne, Hiatal Hernia and do what he suggests. My daughter is well now since Jan 20, 2010 at 6pm after the chiropractor helped her. Good luck to you. Let me hear back from you. Thanks.

Michele S.

Have been having this exact same problem, if you ever found out what it was please let me know!!

Hello saltypond. I read what marie89 posted and then read your comment I have the exact Same symptoms and I recently went to my doctor and he told me that I had Stomach acid reflux. I feel dizzy,  shortness of breath, stomach pains, back pains, not so much nausea, and chest pains and headaches and i Feel like im burning up from my stomach all the way up to my throat and it stays there. Hope this was of help and I really do hope you feel much better! But if your really concerned then go see your doctor(: Take care!

I have the same symptoms. Always freezing, but my stomach feels like it's on fire.. could be a couple of things. I'm gluten intolerant, you might want to try cutting out dairy/eggs/bread/wheat/anything with gluten. It can be an Ulcer ( I also have this currently runs in the family along with acid reflux). If you want relief automatically try Pepto Bismo. I know its disgusting. I also get the extreme nausea, and throw up, esp after anything SLIGHTLY oily, for that I suggest taking the Ginger Root herb supplement. This is amazing for Nausea, I recommend it to everyone. I used to have uncontrolably nausea and it's really cleared it up for me.

Acid reflux can also be helped by taking Pepto, this will calm the acid in your stomach down (not extactly a cure but it's safe).

Could also check out Candida (yeast overgrowth) can cause burning etc..

I know how mierable all this can be.. I've been suffering with extreme symptoms for about 2 years now. I get lightheaded, nauseated, racing heart/palpitations, anxiety, confusion, and just feel pain all over. It's intense enough to keep me from going anywhere or even working out. I'm also about 5"4 115ibs.. so it can effect just about everyone.

Hi Marie.  My mom and I both had the same kinds of symptoms you are describing.  Both of us went, separately, for an h.pylori test and were positive.  H.pylori is a bacterial infection of the stomach.  We were treated with a course of antibiotics (2 kinds) plus a proton pump inhibitor (ppi).  It was still not completely gone, so we went back to the doctor who prescribed a stronger and longer course of antibiotics followed by a month of ppi.  H.pylori can be tested easily by a blood or stool test.  To determine if you still have it after a course of treatment is finished, you normally need a breath test or a stool test.  The breath test requires you to not eat or drink -- even water -- or smoke for at least 4 hours before you do the test.  Also, you have to be off the ppi for a month otherwise it can give you a false result.  If you are being tested for the first time then a blood test is most common.  If this is what you have, it sounds like you may have had it, untreated, for a few years.  So, it is quite possible you would need more than one course of antibiotics to clear it up.  Hope this helps.

I'm having the same exact symptoms as you are right now, and I'm trying to figure out what to do because the pain is so bad that its making me ball my eyes out and not be able to sleep or even lay down cause my back is in so much pain.. This started at about 2:00 am I took a alka seltzer and still no pain relief or anything and its 5:30am now. I'm really worried and idk what to do it only happens every once in a while but when it happens the pain is unbearable.. I just want it to go away lol...