Hello. Since February (after I got over a bout with strep throat), I've had a feeling of chronic nausea. I feel as though I'm going to vomit, but I haven't in the time that I've had this (only dry heaving). This feeling has led me to have panic attacks (which I've never experienced) as I have a long commute and the thought of being in that embarrassing situation worries me. Now my main feeling is that I often have a lump in my throat, and I feel like I have to keep swallowing it down so I won't vomit (though I know I won't because I haven't).

I've seen both my primary doctor and gastroenterologist. My blood pressure is fine, blood tests fine, and stool samples negative for parasites. I've had an endoscopy performed, as well as a gastric emptying study, and the gastroenterologist said there was minor inflammation in my stomach and noticed I had gastroparesis. I'm currently taking omeprazole to see if that helps, and I'm trying to eat small meals throughout the day (though lately I haven't been hungry for anything). My primary wanted to put me on antidepressants, but I've been off them for a few years (because of problems with side effects) and don't want to be on them again.

I really don't know what to do. My appetite goes from minor to nonexistent. I'm taking motion sickness pills so I can sleep during the commute. I take 6+ Tums a day. I've lost about 15 pounds since Feb. I just want some kind of answer because it's really difficult to get through the day and not know anything.

Thanks.

Speaking from TONS OF EXPERIENCE-This is most likely being caused from Anxiety/Panic...the lump in the throat, nausea, etc...Anxiety has a HUGE range of symptoms that include these and the only thing you are probably going to be able to do is go on a low dose of antidepressants for a few months, then try to get back off. Our bodies cycle every few years and things change. This could just be one of those cyclic things. Hope this helps and good luck.

i was starting to feel all alone! have the EXACT same symptoms as you. i had an ear infection at the beginning of march which i took antibiotics for. after my ear got better though i began having chronic nausea though no vomiting. lately ive also been getting the lump in the throat feeling and ive had little to no appetite in over 2 months. ive lost about 12 pounds because of it and multiple swigs of pepto and tums are needed to get me through the day (and night). ive had all of the same tests as you and so far nothing abnormal has shown up. my doctor gave me some antiacids and wanted to give me antidepressants also, but i do not want to take them. its driving me crazy! alot of people are saying it could be anxiety but i dont understand why. nothing at all has changed in my life or schedule since this sickness has started. if you find anything out about your condition please post again!

I experienced chronic nausea after strep too. But most of all is the onset of severe anxiety, subtle OCD, difficulty w/concentration, overall feeling pretty bad for a long time afterwards.

The only major finding was that I had very elevated antibodies to strep - you can request that your doctor do an ASO titer just to check it. If strep was back in February, they should be within mostly normal limits by now, and if not, it could be that you had a strong immune response to it, or may have very subtle chronic infection. Sometimes it shows up in a throat culture for me, sometimes not. But I tend to feel much better (phsycially and mentally) when on antibiotics.

I'm still going through immunological testing without particularly significant findings. But they have generally decided I do have some kind of undefined autoimmune thing going on. Get your iron levels checked, including a ferriten (iron stores), because this is one of the common findings later on down the road if there is a chronic strep infection, or just chronic immune activation to strep.

HTH

Oops - I forgot to add...
I don't remember specifically, but I DO know that I was having some periodic vomiting during this time but without nausea - along with the lump in the throat. My little boy has had it too but w/nausea. In both of us, it apparently was some yeast in our esophageus - it was for my son, I didn't get tested, just treated.

We were treated for 6 weeks w/Diflucan. After the first week, the throat problems went away.

IF you have the chronic strep thing or really elevated antibodies, then thrush or other chronic yeast infection isn't uncommon, because whatever part of the immunity helps stop strep also contains yeast (cellular immunity? Natural Killer cells?) I think. Otherwise yeast is normal and common. Whatever the cause, I just felt a whole lot better after that treatment and some long term erythromycin until antibodies started coming down.

HTH

I am having the exact symptoms and I have tried Perinom but its not helping. Have you been able to find cure of this. Please do post.

Doctor now gives me Amoclav 625, just taking it. I wish to get ride off this problem.

Please let me know if you get cured

Many thanks

Yahia

**edited by moderator*** no private email allowed**

You know, March 7th, I got sick. I was sick to my stomach and in bed for 2 weeks before I started to slowly get better. Since then I've been able to do a lot but I've had the constant nausea/lump in the throat feeling and I've lost a lot of weight.

We ran blood tests and everything came out normal, in fact my doctor said that my blood work was "excellent". Tested for mono twice, got negative, tested for hepatitis A and it also came out negative. But I cannot for the life of me figure out what I have. I can put up with it but it seriously ruins my formerly active lifestyle. I couldn't even drive in a car for the longest time as it would make the nausea worse.

I'm 21 years old, and it's killing me to feel this way. If anybody has any answers, I'd appreciate it.

TO the guest who posted, I really feel bad for you. I'm wondering what else you could have. Have you been tested for meningitis? You're at an age where you are highly susceptible to it but I don't want to speculate. If your doctor hasn't tested you for it yet then I would encourage you to ask for a test. Please keep us posted!

Im going on week two with these same symptoms. Im getting blood work tomorrow. I really see this being from anxiety because ive had problems with anxiety in the past. It sucks so bad, fortunately ive been self medicating myself with marijuana, it helps with my appetite so much.

I wake up in the morning mad nausea's, then go on to dry heaving. I have to force myself to eat, or burn, then im fine. It really seems to come back after i haven't eaten for awhile. Ive been told from people with no medical training or degrees, that it could be an ulcer or diabetes. Im so bummed out about this...

Have you ever considered taking probiotics? It seems that for several of you, your symptoms started after taking antibiotics. Not only does antibiotics kill the bad bacteria, but it also kills the good bacteria in your stomach. I used to have serious stomach problams growing up and lots of nasea. Once I got on probiotics in college to put the good bacteria back in my stomach, the majority of my stomach problems went away. Now, after I take antibiotics, I often have to get back on probiotics because my stomach problems will return. This is a pretty easy and relatively cheap thing to try, you can find them at herbal stores and they are even beginning to sell them at drug stores. Probiotics are also supposed to help strengthen your immune system.

I have been having the same symptoms for about 2 weeks now. I really can't figure it out.
I have the lump/throat pressure feeling causing the nausea, as well as vomiting (usually once per day). Doesn't seem to be associated with any type of food, whether I eat or not, or anything else. Again, as someone else said, traveling in cars, or moving a lot definitely makes it much worse.
My GP is running a bunch of blood work as well to try and figure it out, as well as an abdominal ultrasound. I'm not sure if they're going to find anything, or they may find a bunch of things. I'm a medical student working in a hospital right now and consistently exposed to all kinds of diseases (from hepatitis, to pneumonias, to H1N1 - we have a few patients with this).
Please god, someone find out what this is, and let the rest of us know if anything definitively worked. My doc prescribed pantaloc in case it was excess acid or esophageal ulceration due to too much acid. Started taking it a couple days ago and so far, hasn't really helped

I felt like I was getting a cold in early November and then, on Nov 7th, woke up feeling really nauseaus. It was really debilitating the first few days and I thought I had the flu. My symptoms never changed, though - I just had nausea, no vomiting and I was quite weak at the knees. Other than a few (rare) days, I have had nausea everyday, sometimes starting the minute i wake up and continuing in waves through the day. Blood tests, H. pylori, renal ultrasound - all negative. This has really taken away my 'Joie de vive'. I don't know what to do - any suggestions? thank you

My problems started way back in Sept 07, I somehow contracted Hep A and my blithering id**t GP didn't pick up on this for a very long time, even after I was told the Hep A had cleared itself up I was still suffering with constant and severe nausea and I still am to this day.
I have had blood tests, liver function, abdominal ultrasound, rectal exams, an endoscopy, a plethora of wild guesses followed by more wild guesses followed by untold amounts of PPI's (i.e, esomeprazol, lansoprazole, omeprazole, ranitidine, buscopan, etc etc) and from all this the onlt thing I have been told is that I have a sliding hiatus hernia.
After I was diagnosed with the hernia I was kind of pushed to one side and forgotten about even though my symptoms still persist, still I get the constant nausea, sometimes I get dizzy spells thrown in for good measures (for example, when I close my eyes at night it feels like I'm drunk and the room is spinning), I don't have any kind of eating pattern as I never know when I'm going to feel unwell, I sufer with lack of sleep as I can't get comfortable, I can't drive anywhere as I now get motion sickness (which I never had before falling ill). 2 and a half years later and I am still no closer to finding out what is the root cause of all this.
I am not in a good way and because of the lack of urgency to try and rectify this and due to how long it has taken in this time I have lost my job due to my attendance, lost my hom due to having no job, and lost my girlfriend due to the stress it has caused.
I am begging anyone out there to give me some clues as to what is wrong with me because the NHS clearly couldn't give a rats posteria as to what happens to my life and I desperately need answers so I can at least attempt to get my life back on track.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer me any information.
Regards, Ian