Im a 27 year old female and have had acid reflux for the past 7months. My doctor put me on Pariet 20mg which I have been taking for the past 4months and they havent yet cured my problem. Im feeling neausea all day and every day and now I try to avoid going out into public of the fear of throwing up. The only time I did throw up is when I developed the acid reflux which was 7months ago. I have the sensation of burning in my stomach and makes me really sick and I also have alot of burping. Iv avoid fatty foods and everything else the doctor told me to keep off. I was a social bunny and loved going out before this happend to me. I have had blood tests and everything has come back fine. Is there anything else I should be doing or avoiding to help me through this? Could It be something else that is going on with me apart from the acid reflux? Please HELP. Its really taken over my life. :'(

I have had the same problem, but for longer, I have been on several medications that have also not helped. I just found out from a friend of mine about something that is quite often overlooked (friend is a nurse), apparently "H" Pylori is some kind of bacteria that can wind up in your stomach from almost anything and can cause all of these symptoms. My doctor has tested me for it, and I now I am going to be put on very strong anti-biotics along with some kind of stomach acid killer stuff and this is supposed to cure this problem altogether. May be try asking your doctor about this? I hope things get better for you and may be this could help you too? Take care!

I have had the same symptoms on and off for about two months now. Please let me know if you have found out what is going on. I am starting to think there is something serious going on rather that the old "stomach bug" thing

Thanks

You probably have a Gluten intolerance. Try not eating anything that has wheat or flour in it for 3 days and see if you feel better. I bet you will, I did.
I noticed a difference after only 24 hours. No more gas, heartburn, or diarrhea for no reason.

ive had acid reflux for 3 years , small meals water and stay away from dairy, red meat, heavy meals, grease, spicy food, maalox, pepto and prilosec will become ur friend

I'm the exact same way. They biopsied me for the H. Pylori infection but I havent gotten anything back yet. I made the call just this morning and there going to follow up on it. The nausea seems like its there throughout the day along with pain in the upper right quardrant and sometimes the left side. I guess from what I've ready H. Pylori is harder to treat and take the medication.

My wife has had acid reflux for a few years and had been taking Nexium. Nexium works; however it wipes out all you stomach acid. Not a good thing for normal digestion. She is now off of Nexium after success with two remedies. She takes a product called Digest More, which contains digestive enzyemes and also Lilly of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel. The Gel is really helpful. The juice works also, but believe the Gel coats the esophogus better. She takes one or two shot glasses of Aloe before each meal along with the Digest More. Make sure you try Lilly of the Desert; other brands did not seem to work as well. Also, if you take a bone density drug, such as Actonel, it will aggravate your acid reflux for a couple days. Please note, it took a couple weeks before the enzyemes and aloe worked. Do not take a steady diet of antiacid tables like tums, etc. this only masks the problem and you could eventually wind up with acid damage to your esophogus. Harvey Diamond has a good book entitled "living without pain". Worth reading...

I had the same problem for a couple of years. I tried cutting down meals, which helped a little, but still couldn't touch coffee or tomatoes(which kills because I'm Italian). I started changing my diet to as many organic foods as I could possibly buy, just replacing my usual health conscious meals with foods lacking in hormones, pesticides, etc. My reflux went away in about 2 days, and has amazingly been on hiatus for the most part ever since. I have had it a couple of times when I've drastically overeaten, and usually it's when I hit up a chain restaurant, but it's only been a couple of times in a couple years since I've gone back to organic/all natural foods. I swear by them, even though I was a huge skeptic at first, but I guess it just makes sense that we wouldn't want to eat a bunch of c**p.

I too used to have these problems, and still do from time to time but not nearly as severe. Try to work on getting off of all the acid reducers by tapering them off slowly. There is an acid rebound you may have to tough out, but after many of the symptoms will improve. I strongly believe from my own personal experience that it is all these acid reducers that throw our systems out of balance, and cause us more harm than good. Many doctors even agree with this. They were never meant to be taken in the long term!

try acupuncture - in Chinese medicine the stomach is related to stress (any extreme situation of change, good or bad, or some issue that you just "can no longer stomach"), and your stomach and diaphragm can get pulled out of the proper place and stop functioning -- acupuncture and yoga have worked wonders for me (same problems, same drug)
good luck

I have had the same problems and I have been on Nexium 40mg for bout 12 months with No relief. I have had every test under the sun and a camera down my throat and all come back negative. I have really had enough, I prefer to stay home now too. Please let me know if you have any success in treatment.

I've had acid reflux for 2 years already, and I only turned 18 yesterday so all they keep saying is they don't know why I have it at this age, (I also have Carpel Tunnel which I'm apparently not supposed to have for another 20 years!) It has really taken over my life as well, although now I know more of why I felt so nauseous I'm able to continue more like I used to, like I still drink coke and fatty foods but as long as I take breaks I'm fine! I drank a lot of alcohol last night and everytime I felt a little bad I'd get a glass of water and I'd be perfectly fine! This morning I don't have a hangover but my stomach is burning a lot! I found the way I managed to get rid of all the bubbles in my throat and stomach ( as I've never been able to burp so I've had that as an added problem with buildup) I just breath very deeply for about 10 minutes til I can feel that all the bubbles have popped and I feel much better! I have no tablets or anything anymore for my acid reflux because they used to make me feel worse but after 2 years of having I am finally able to cope with it a lot better, but still it's very annoying for my friends when I just suddenly go silent because I feel like I'm about to throw up so they get worried but I know I can handle it now! I am just really hoping they find a way to get rid of it or lesson the symptoms a bit, especially If this means I will be stuck with it for the rest of my life from the age of 16, but that was the age that I found out I had it, I'd been having the symptoms years before so I could have been 11 when I first had it. And I can understand your pain anf frustration.