My girlfriend had been suffering from nausea from a parasite infection (blastocystis hominis) for about a year before it was diagnosed. After treatment with Flagyl, the nausea stopped and the parasite was gone. However, since the flagyl treatment, she has experienced chronic stomach and digestion problems such as bloating, indigestion and pain and sometimes nausea as well (although not as bad as during the parasite) which worsens after eating anything. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be and whether or not it could be related to the exposure of the parasite/ flagyl treatment from 6 months ago, or have any suggestions about getting rid of these symptoms? Thanks a lot for any help

BTW we have been to the doctor many times and so far havent solved this, but are planning to schedule an appt. with an internal specialist.

Flagyl has alway given me stomach problems. It kills the good bacteria in your stomach along with the bad. That gives you the digestion problems. I used to have to run to the bathroom exactly 2 hours after eating. My chiropractor put me on probiotic acidopholous. Do a search on WebMD and read up on it. It's available at health food stores and drug stores. I was also told to cut back on sugar and bread while taking the probiotic. Hope that helps.

Posted: 05/24/08 - 02:07 Post subject: chronic stomach pain, indigestion, bloating, and nausea afte

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

********************************

Did you ever get a response??. I have exact same issue and been to 4 doctors sick since Feb after Flagyl. I started probiotics this week.

Wonderful!%!%! Between this website and another I just read - it doesn't sound like I'm going to have a good next 10 days on flagyl - does it? Some kind of parasite - went for a 2nd opinion (and stool culture) and it was found (hard to trust doctors, isn't it?). Glad went for second opinion after 6 days of diarhea. Now I'm on my 22nd day of this c**p and we finally have a diagnosis (thank God it wasn't deadly - huh?). Am doing the Imodium because that has helped about 85%. Doing knock-off (much cheaper) of Pedialyte, drinking plenty of Gatorade AND avoiding juices (they'll burn coming out). Told I have mild colitis (I blame it on the parasite). And no beer either? What the heck am I supposed to do? I have a beer in the evening when I watch TV - that's the ONLY time I get to relax. And, they want to do a colonoscopy. I'm not crazy about that either. I have relatives who have NEVER had one and they're in their late 70's and still kicking. I think the colonoscopy is going to be a waste of time - cancer doesn't run in my family - we all die from heart attacks. At least the Dr. and the hospital will get richer.

there is a natural product that is quite effective for getting rid of parasites. Pharmaceutical doctors would never reccomend these things but they do actually work. A short while ago I passed a worm in my stool and my dad who is very health conscious suggested that I do a parasite cleanse with a product called para gone . Needless to say it was very effective as i started to see and feel a difference within 2 days of using the product.

Paragone has no side effects that I am aware of. Well I didnt give me any and as a natural product I dont think that any side effect would be that serious...
It did not generally increase my bathroom habbits but my stomach did feel more settled and after i used the bathroom or ate a meal it didint give me gas and the rumbling that I had before. It is also quite possible to see the parasites in your stool as evidence that they are being eliminated and that the para gone is beginning to work. I think the very bitter products within the capsules is what works to rid your body of the parasite.

I am also assuming that there are many other parasite cleanse products out there that might work even if paragone is not available in your country and it will also be less harsh on the body as it is an all natural product.

I can only speak for paragthere is a natural product that is quite effective for getting rid of parasites. Pharmaceutical doctors would never reccomend these things but they do actually work. A short while ago I passed a worm in my stool and my dad who is very health conscious suggested that I do a parasite cleanse with a product called para gone . Needless to say it was very effective as i started to see and feel a difference within 2 days of using the product.

It did not generally increase my bathroom habbits but my stomach did feel more settled and after i used the bathroom or ate a meal it ddint give me gas and the rumbling that I had before. It is also quite possible to see the parasites in your stool as evidence that they are being eliminated and that the para gone is beginning to work. I think the very bitter products within the capsules is what works to rid your body of the parasite.

I can only speak for paragone hthere is a natural product that is quite effective for getting rid of parasites. Pharmaceutical doctors would never reccomend these things but they do actually work. A short while ago I passed a worm in my stool and my dad who is very health conscious suggested that I do a parasite cleanse with a product called para gone . Needless to say it was very effective as i started to see and feel a difference within 2 days of using the product.

I can only speak for paragone however as it is the only parasite cleanse that I've used and I can say that it does truly work.

Hi

Have exactly the same problem. Finally got rid of blastocystis hominis three months ago (which had caused all sorts of problems) but nausea ist still there although a bit better. Get's worse after eating like you described. Have you found an answer since to this problem?

Thanks

Connie

Have you felt better yet? I have had nausea for the last year and a half. Had an endoscopy but not sure if it could have missed a parasite. I have had thousands of dollars worth of tests and seen different doctors. Acid reflux meds helped a little at the beginning when my stomach gets really upset, but not much. Doing all kinds of natural things, probiotics and aloe Vera juice help a little.

Hi. I am feeling much better but not 100% yet. Endoscopy wouldn't have seen the parasite. They only found mine after fixing the stool sample in a solution to stabilise the parasite. Acid reflux meds , probiotics etc.. never helped me. The only thing that helped was getting rid of the parasite. I had to contact the Centre for Digestive Disease in Sydney to finally get help and the right medication. I suffered with nausea for quite a while after treatment but it slowly got better and these days I only have it very rarely. It seems to take a long time for the digestive tract to heal after the treatment. Don't give up, contact the centre in Sydney, they seem to be at the forefront of digestive research.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use