I hope someone can help. I am a 26 year old with severe lower back pain which has been going on sence November 2007. Docs done xrays and mri's found nothing. Recently went on a roller coaster with 8 year old and now at night when i am trying to sleep left arm and leg become tingly and numb and they ache. Any one know what is wrong with me i need my sleep. Have three kids and a full time job. I cant afford to not sleep or keeping running to the doctors when everything they test me for comes back negative i almost feel crazy any help?

I would try a chiropractor. You may have a severe subluxation, or a part of your spine that's out causing pain and numbness. Find out which ones are covered by your insurance.

You have have to go chiropractor shopping for a short while. Just don't give up! And always make sure they get an x-ray of your back.

Been dealing with lower back pain for YEARS. I will tell you what a good friend of mine told me..(her husband is a doctor) when a doctor here's "I have lower back pain" your the patient they don't want!! Escpecially if your young. MRI's won't show anything unless your dic is ruptured RIGHT THEN and once you have ruptured or torn one...you hurt forever. They all think your after narcotics. I know everybody is different and what works for one may not work for another. I finally ended up at a Pain Managment Clinic where I received epideral steriod injections in my back. MIRACLE!!! Immediate relief. Pain was gone in a blink of an eye. These do wear off and when it gets unbarable I go back and get another one. I take no medication whatsoever. I went to chiropractors, took muscle relaxers, pain pills, arthitis pills, you name it. None of it worked. For the record, the pain treatment center told me that my L2, L4 and L5 were torn when my family doctor told me my MRI didn't look all that bad.