Hey! I have been trying to do more research on what can be going on. I have had upper stomach pain since August and included bloating and nausea on and off. I didn't pay too  much attention to it. In October, I went to the doctors for the stomach pain and headaches that cause dizziness. She gave me antibiotics for the dizziness saying there was a virus going around. Did lots of blood work to see if everything is working good- that came bad good. She told me I was constipated after doing an x-ray. She told me to drink laxatives. So I started drinking some for a little over a week and i started feeling nausea from it and threw up. I switched the laxative, and same thing after 2 days, i threw up. So instead I tried changing diet, eating more soups and drinking more fluids, nothing was working. End of November, i started vomiting food back up. The vomiting was not as bad.. it would be coming up little by little (not everything at once). The stomach pain was bad. I called the doctor and she told me she thought it was a stomach flu (which she said can stay up to 14 days). At that point it was already 14 days, and it was still there. They did an ultrasound on gallbladder. That came back normal. She gave me Prilosec to drink, it became worse after i started drinking it (tried this in January). By end of december, things started becoming worse. If i started vomiting, it would be a lot, and i wasn't able to keep anything down. I tried to dirnk water but i would vomit the water too with what food was left in me. The vomiting can happen anytime from after eating up to 2.5 hours after eating. And i vomit undigested food. Since then I had been asked to do 2 different types of lactose challenges. Its not lactose (don't have even symptoms of it). My first GI doc did a barium upper swallow series. That came back normal. So he wanted me to do a lactose intolerant diet for 14 days, then try some more pills.. and then if nothing worked, then do more tests. I said no about the diet thing, cause i don't like dairy anyways and it would be too long until they try something else. They tried giving me so many medicines now, and i'm tired of trying everything. I saw a different GI doc, he did an endoscopy, and took biopsies, all came back normal. No celiac either. Now they want me to try some patches that you put on behind your ear, and they said it helps with nausea. I'm not sure how this will help the vomiting because it comes so fast, sometimes without nausea! But also I can't go to bathroom much (more constipated it seems to me). I have been told that maybe my nerves may be damaged? Does anyone have any idea what this can be? I'm so tired of all these symptoms, especially the vomiting! :(

may seem to you like a dumb question but I assure you it has possible relevance,do you take any type of prescription pain meducation on and off ,a friend of mine had your symptoms and it turned out every time he ran out of his morphine or quit for a day or two he would get that way,hopefuly not what is going on with you but just a thought.good luck

no no medications.. only what they want me to try..

None. Only what they gave me to try. I try to stay away from any medications if i can,

Which Antibiotic???
Was it Flagyl or Metronidazole?

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

This medicine has been POISONing Lots of people for MONTHS (even after it is supposed to be out of the system)
Hope that helps.

Did you ever figure this out? I've been having nausea off and on for months and all tests (which are many) have come back normal. Im so frustrated. Thx.

nothing! it is very frustrating! the last time i went to my gi, he gave me an antidepressant, for the stomache pain, but i didn't take it because i did research on it and didn't feel safe taking them for the pain... But my results were all normal too, and it gets frustrating when you are feeling so bad!

I am very sorry to hear of what you are experiencing.  
It seems like more and more folks are having difficulties with food more intensely the past few years.  
I find this fascinating because I have been dealing with this since I was six, and I am much, much older now.  
I have tried every modality, exercise, diet, supplement, etc - all to no avail.  I worked for decades in the medical profession and talked with many different health care providers about it, I have had most of the tests that are easily available, including the nuclear ones.
I too have been going through days where all I do is vomit repeatedly and violently. 
The daily acute, constant stabbing pain that never goes away for longer than 30 seconds is at times all consuming.  
Sadly it is hard for health care providers to understand what it is like unless they see it. 
I was taking Zofran, and Diazepam for years which would usually work if I didn't toss it back up first.  
And then about 8 months ago for absolutely no reason things got exponentially worse. 
Fortunately I recently had an appointment on one of my bad days, my husband was able to leave work to take me, as I couldn't walk easily.  
I learned that when you throw up profusely and pass out in their office they tend to take more notice of the seriousness of the situation that we go have to go through.  Especially when someone you live with can calmly tell them that this is what your daily life is like.
I am now back on the ear patches - they do help sometimes.  They also immediately added Medical Marijuana, Neurontin and Marinol to the list of hope.
If I wake up at 5am and take them, and go back to sleep for a few hours, it does help keep me from waking up feeling sick.  I just have to make sure to take them throughout the day so I can stay on top of the symptoms of this mystery condition.  
I also take Mega Probiotic, magnesium, omega-3 and vit D.  They do seem to help on the days I can keep things down.
This condition can go into remission for a bit, however it is life changing in a 'wisdom through struggle' way.

Please keep us posted, if you aren't already seeing one, I strongly encourage seeing a nice (it took a while to find one) gastro person, they seem to be the most familiar with this condition.
Wishing you all the best, and PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Kristina,

my husband is going through the same thing!! Did you find out anything new??

Thanks ,

Deanna

I went through exactly the same thing for 2 years or so and all tests clear even the ultrasound for the gallbladder clear. 3 months ago I felt like my body was shutting down, went back to doc and again a " virus" but within 2 days my legs were collapsing and I was really ill. I was taken into hosp and again a gallbladder ultrasound done which again came back clear however the surgeon assigned to me said he was very sure it was the gallbladder and took it out. He came after surgery to say that the gallbladder was cutting off the circulation and was bad even though the scan picked nothing up. It has been 3 months now and I no longer have nausea or vomiting and feel a new person.